Thread: I need scanner help, please...

I need scanner help, please...

Well, my scanner seems to be broken. It is new, and I have only used it three or so times. I went to scan something tonight, and Nada, Zip, nothing. The cords are all plugged in correctly, and I had them plugged in prior to starting my computer. The light that means "ON" is lit up green, which is normal. But, when I push the 'scan' button- nothing happens. Usually it would beep back at me, then my software opens up. I tried to scan with the program open, utilizing the onscreen 'scan' button, too, and nothing...anyone have any thoughts???

thanks,
    Johanna

I asked my hubby, the computer guru in this house, and he suggested two things...rebooting the computer, and re-installing the software.

Hope that helps, and hope it will work again for you!

Anna

My only thought was to try scanning on line from the software...you did that! My scanner can be a real pain too. Sometimes rebooting HAS helped. Hope you get it worked out soon!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Ugh...I will try those things...thanks! WHY must my life be so difficult? Why?

My scanner use to do that, maybe it still does, but I had to open the software and hit 'start new scan' in that instead of hitting the button on the scanner..try that :]

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

go to the website of the manufacturer and look up the FAQ or tech support stuff and maybe they will have a software patch or something to fix the 'bug'.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Or you could call Mike tomorrow after 10:30 or so and see if he can help you....only if you didn't get it fixed....unless you want to harass him a little bit.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I have a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5300, and it is a piece of junk!! It does just what yours does; even though it's plugged in and connected, whenever I go to use the software I get an error message that it "can't find my scanner", so I have to reach around and unplug/replug the cords. Then, when I do the first scan, it doesn't detect anything and I have to scan everything twice. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner and software countless times over the past 2 years, downloaded updated drivers, etc., and no improvement. It's the only thing on this PC that I haven't upgraded since I got it - - probably since I don't have to use the scanner too often so I just put up with it. I also disabled the scanner buttons, since I kept hitting them accidentally and printing out totally black pieces of paper that sucked up an entire print cartridge........
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope