Thread: Redwall series

Redwall series

Have any of you guys read the Redwall series?
    Some of the books are Redwall, Salamandastron, the Bellmaker, Pearls of Lutra, Martin the Warrior, and Marlfox.
    These stories are about creatures that have like adventures and stuff and you will love especially because you all luv animals
    The good guys are otters, hares, mice, badgers, squirrels, moles, hedgehogs, shrews, and the occasional bankvole. The bad guys are weasels, rats, foxes, stoats (they are like weasels), ferrets, reptiles/amphibians, and wildcats actually there's only 1 or 2 stories with wildcats. Birds like owls, hawks, herons and stuff are generally good guys. The books are by Brian Jacques and i'm not trying to promote them or anything, they are just REALLY good books and i think everyone here would love them. There are descriptions of certain meals (vegetarian mostly) that just sound like they are nectar and ambrosia or something, and the general (VERY general) plot is crime doesn't pay, the good guys always win etc. but they will warm your heart. If you have a tendencey to wear rose- colored glasses (i do ) then you would love these books especially. There are no leave-you-hangin' endings and you can just tell that the writer (he's British) has a very mature, smooth and organized style. I think most of them would be at your local library under young adults (but they're not necessarily for young adults, i know tons of 30+ people who are big fans) and the website is here:
    http://www.redwall.org/dave/jacques.html

Sounds good! Thanks for the tip. I just read a little about them on Amazon and will check them out at Barnes & Noble next time I'm there.

LOL, Carly, to me 30 is a young adult.

If anyone else wants to know a little more about Redwall, just let me know
    LOL RachelJ