Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHERE DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP AT NIGHT?

Carl sleeps in my room on his bed (on the floor). About once every two months he sleeps in his crate to remind him who the alpha is.

Hannah sleeps in bed with me, under the covers with her head on the pillow all four legs up in the air every so often rolling to either side. She sleeps all night never leaving the bed. she has slept like that from the first day I brought her home.

Copper is an outside dog (he is scared of being in the house, he paces and pees on the floor. We think its another fear he has from his past abusive life) he sleeps in a stall in the barn with a bed, a blanket, and a big box full of straw. We gave him a these to choose from. He pulled the blanket outside to sleep on till it gets dark then he goes in and sleeps in the box. We had hoped he would get over the fear of the house but it has been a year and still no luck.

My little Boston Terrier Baby sleeps under the covers at the foot of our bed all night long. Unless she needs to make a stop outside ,we have a doggie door so they come & go as they wish at all times . my Boxer Sargent sleeps mostly on his bed behind my recliner in the living room , but he also sleeps in our room on the floor or in one of my sons beds if there gone or on the couch or where ever he pleases.

Corinna - I'm diabetic too. I was just diagnosed with Type 1 almost a year ago. I find its so much easier to cope with since I have my animals. They always give me a shoulder to cry on if when the disease gets hard to deal with. Shiloh has even woke me up once when I was getting a hypoglycemic attack. There was a chance I wouldn't have woken up and that would have been bad. She sat by my head meowing and touching her paws to my face like she was frantic. It was really amazing.

All my 3 dogs sleep on the bed. One will sleep on the pillow and one will sleep with her head on my shoulder. And the other one will sleep at my husband's side.

It's so great that everyone else has animals that love to sleep with them too. Love it.

One of my previous dogs, Bailey, occasionally liked to sleep on the pillow above my head, like a "dog hat".

Aly I'm type 2 for 4 years now. Hubby got merlin for me for a couple reasons . One the diabetes(merlin can tell when I'm way too high on sugars a bonus) kids are almost all gone ,and almost lost hubby to cancer so I needed some one to keep me company if I was alone. I couldn't have coped with it all if i hadn't had Merlin to cry in to (sure beats hurting my hand beating the shower walls) He has the full face smile that greets me every time I come home.

My Cody,(the big galoot) totally kicked me out of my single bed when he stretched out. It was a struggle to get unwwrapped from the covers since he was on top of the bed keeping them down (help! I'm strangling!)The 1st time he softly snarled when I attempted to release myself from suffocating, that was it! Off! Off! Off! Then I stretched out so he couldn't jump back on! He does nap on my bed and jumps un in the morning and and night when I changing ( God forbid I get any privacy)but due to a back problem I've been hunkering down on the family room couch. Even though he sleeps in the foyer or anywhere he wants, the family room is sooo cool that I notice he is almost always leaning up against the couch or in the room with me. I love reaching down and petting him at night or being awaken by a teeny kiss on the nose!
    Albea...I think your gorgeous girl does her beauty treatment thing in the few minutes you don't see her before bed! Maybe that's her secret for being a knockout!
    It is soo amazing how our pets can sense something is wrong. Cody is the same with my dad. I totally empathize with Corinna! There's nothing like the love of your dog to keep you going. I sincerely hope you are feeling ok and will say a prayer that you all stay well. A sniff of Frito feet, a peanut butter tongued kiss, a paw slap and those big browners sure make me feel better!!

Our 5 Min Pins all sleep in the bed with us. Our queen size bed started getting crowded as the pups got older so we bought a new king size bed. They start out under the cover but by morning they are on top.

Daisy sleeps with me in my bed. She likes to have her head on my pillow and she loved to curl up and snuggly. Although she has her own pillow on her other side of the bed, she likes to push me to very edge. I don't mind, she's my baby!

Shaianne sleeps on my bed either beside me or at my feet. The other day, I was taking a nap before work and I was on the bed, she was beside me, a pillow beside her, and a body pillow beside me, talk about sandwhiched!!! I could barely move, but was snuggly warm!!!