Thread: This is what I came home to today....

This is what I came home to today....

Believe it or not, it was actually *much* worse in person then it looks in the pics. He had mud ALL over his belly...tail/rear end...even his nose and the top of his head. lol

Apparently he was barking (which is odd, he never does that) so my mom let him out of the dog run...she did not realize that she left the backdoor open. You should have seen our floors! They tied him up in the kitchen and waited for me to get home..yay for me! lol

It was raining today, and even though his dog run has a roof, it's still very muddy inside. I've gotta do something about it! I'm thinking about putting some gravel or something down...I just hope he wouldn't eat it! Any ideas ??

p.s. I'd let him stay inside while I'm at work, but he'd have to stay in a crate all day (parents rules)...and he would *not* be happy about that...he's inside at all other times when I'm home

Haha, Nebo, your such a cutie. We have a little bit of our yard thats really muddy too, so we have the same prob, but our ground is covered in snow so I'm safe for now

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Leave it to a dog to find all the mud in the world and get it all over him!!

Drake has done that sometimes. Only thing is the mud in GA is red clay! So, I have to scrub his paws and belly until the red stain comes out!

Oh No!:-)

I totally understand where you're coming from Amy!!!!

All the snow has started to melt & the dogs are starting to get dirtier & dirtier with every day. And lucky us we're supposed to be getting rain mixed with snow today & I'll be at work all day.....guess what that means

I feel ya

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

As a kid we always had gravel in the funs. I had to try to clean it after they had troped it in. After I moved out dad had them cemented in. It makes it VERY easy to clean.

Oh no! A reminder of what is in store for me (only double) when all this white stuff melts.

I guess I get a reprieve for a little longer though since we are suppose to get 3 to 6 more inches by tomorrow morning.

My only question is for Nebo! Did you have fun getting that way buddy??

Who could ever be mad with this face ? It's funny, I just watched Snow Dogs in DVD yesterday and Demon - the lead dog, truly reminds me of our 'naughty' Nebo I love that movie, it's like seeing all our Husky babies all in 1 movie !!! , not to forget the very smart Collie

Originally posted by trisha0503
    Who could ever be mad with this face ? It's funny, I just watched Snow Dogs in DVD yesterday and Demon - the lead dog, truly reminds me of our 'naughty' Nebo I love that movie, it's like seeing all our Husky babies all in 1 movie !!! , not to forget the very smart Collie

i thought the exact same thing when i first came onto the board. they are identical! and that little collie - too cute for her own good good luck with the muddy paws, amy cause i have no advice here sorry!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by trisha0503
    I love Snow Dogs! I have the DVD. Yeah, there's 3 red huskies in there, but Demon reminds me of Nebo the most...his markings, facial expressions...mischief, lol.

And YES I'm sure he had fun! I believe he was digging his pathetic little hole under his igloo again.

Looks like a bath is in order for Nebo!!!!
    I'm sure he had fun though!!
    cute pictures
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Take heart ... that's what I come home to every day! I have eleven dogs, a doggie door, and a dirt dog yard. I mop the floor every day.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien