Thread: Multiple Threads?

Multiple Threads?

I am pretty new to this forum, and I've never understood the protocol involved in starting a new thread as opposed to adding to an existing thread. Lately, there have been multiple threads going on the same cat (Ally very recently had four threads). ????

Hi KittyKay,
    Welcome to PT. I don't know what you are asking. There isn't any 'protocol' about starting threds vs. adding to an existing thred...except to maybe put the thred in the right place, i.e., threds about cats go in cats, dogs in dogs...And, I don't remember seeing four posts about Ally....can you be more specific?

Former User Guest
    She means on Today's Cat section. Go and have a peek, there's always more than one thread for COTD. Would be nice to get all the comments under one and same thread, since they all are about the same cat.

Niina!!! You are so smart!!! I couldn't figure out who Ally was either!!!! I need to pay better attention!!!

OHHHHH.... I couldn't think who Ally was either...I see, I see!

Its the same with DOTD and prob POTD..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

She means on Today's Cat section. Go and have a peek, there's always more than one thread for COTD. Would be nice to get all the comments under one and same thread, since they all are about the same cat.
    Thank you, Casper and Kitty, that's what I meant--sorry to be confusing. It would be nice to have one cat-one thread, but I don't spose there's any harm in having more than one. I just wondered if it was insulting to the first thread creator to create another thread. I am relatively new and I do not want to offend anybody.

I agree with you...I thought it was just accidental....that two or more people were typing at the same time...???

Soemtimes people are new and don't know what they are doing! I remember the first day I joined, I commented on one of the pets, and it came out to be a different thread, when I though I was posting IN the previous thread. I think most newcomers go first to comment on the POTD, COTD, or DOTD, so they don't have much experience in this board. They figure it out later.