A Very good friend of mine rushed her Golden to the vet to do an emergency C-Section on her pregnant female yesterday because one of the pups was in trouble. They took 10 puppies but 1 didn't make it. About 45 minutes after the pups were born and while mom was getting stitched back up, she suddenly died. They are not sure what happened since all her vitals were okay. They believe a blood clot.

So now there are 9 orphaned puppies that need help. We tried to feed them from bottles but they didn't want any part of that. They ended up getting feed by a tube. We also have to stimulate them to pee and poop (something mom naturally does). It was a long night. I am now sitting at my desk at work with extremely heavy and swollen eyes. I will be going over there again tonight to help out and relieve my friend for awhile.

So far we have only found 1 surrogate mom for the babies and she could only take 3. She is a Yellow Lab mommy that had 5 pups 4 days ago but 1 died. So now with these 3 she is feeding 7.

Please pray the 9 pups survive, that all the pups find moms who can take them, and that my friend will be okay emotionally. She is feeling very guilty at this moment that this is her fault. Of course she is not since they did everything they could but her loving furkid is gone and it's hard to deal with.