Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do they let you pet their paws?

Do they let you pet their paws?

If I ever pet or touch Oliver's paws he will move them away almost immediately. I've "trained" Kattja with paw-petting ever since I found her though, and she will let me pet her without any problems.

Is this a trust thing or does it just feel uncomfortable for them?

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Tigris always -he seems to enjoy it really. Filou sometimes -same thing as with his belly.
    I am sure it is a trust thing as you may meet cats on the street that allow you to pet them but in general not the paws or the belly.

My guys hate it when I touch their paws, but they let me clip their nails no problem which I think is odd cause in order to clip the nails I have to touch the paws!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

If Ewina is feeling very affectionate and relaxed she will let me stroke her paws -- a little and VERY softly. Normally touching her paws is a no-no and will cause the paws to disappear under the cat!

Joey and Sabrina, they let me pet there paws without any fuss. Toby, he is my declawed boy. He doesn't want his paws being touch at all and he had a broken foot. Toby want anyone touch that foot. I think some cats don't touch their owners fully or maybe that is there sensitive spot.

Since I brought Nakita home, I have always made an effort to touch her paws. I did this so she would be more comfortable when it came time to cut her nails.

So she doesn't mind it at all.

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Hayley is fine when it comes to touching her front paws. Her back paws are a different story. She really can kick!
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Grab, touch, kneed, twist. Snowy doesn't care.
    One at a time, two at a time... he thinks it's all a game.

Kylie's usually disappear under her!!! But I love playing with her paws.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Storm doesn't really like me touching his paws but Sunny doesn't seem to mind it too much. Pepper didn't really like it either. None of them like me to touch their back paws.

Pete has been with me since he was three weeks old. He absolutely refuses to let anyone touch his paws! Trying to trim his nails is a two person job--at least, three is better!

Everyone else is alright with it. Ivy loves to have her paws stroked, but then feels compelled to clean them for hours--hoomin germs!!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I love to pet my cats paws...but, they usually feel differently. I play with the hair between Tenny's toes, and that is ok, but, when I go to touch his front paw, if I exert more than negative .000000002 ppi, he withdraws it. Allie will let me give her paw massages, and usually Dakky will to. I always grab my cats back paws as they walk away from me...and it becomes how far will they still 'walk' with me attached to them. Usually, they turn around and try to 'get' me. Tex will pretend he is going to bite me when I won't let go. I have, on occasion, held Tenny's paw...kinda like we are going steady

Cute thread!

Noah: only sometimes he'll allow me to. Usually when he's perched at the top of the couch, he'll move them away.

Noel: doesn't mind

Basil: loves it, but, like you Ann, I've done it since he was ity bity.

Olivia: tolerates it, but only when SHE feels like it.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I know Miss Hoppy is a bunny, not a cat, but she will let her paws touch me, but does not like it when I deliberately try to touch or look at her paws. So, being the smart bunny she is, she trims her own toenails! It's really less traumatic for everyone that way!

My Rb-cat Sydney just loved it !!He even spread(spelling ??) his paws so I could reach everything !!! He was very lethargic towards the end , and cleaning his paws was just too much for him ... . Poor boy ... . So mommy took care of that ; and he surely loved me for that!!!
    Inka likes it too ; Maya is not really fond of it . She loves people , but prefers to be "looked" at !! Sweet sweet Maya girl!!!