Thread: WARNING: !!!!!!!Warning Automatic Litter box kills kitten...

Hybrid View

WARNING: !!!!!!!Warning Automatic Litter box kills kitten...

I just received this.....How Heartbreaking....I wanted to make sure that all cat lovers see this!!!!!!

(Even though the Name is DeliDOG,I still love Cats!!!!)

Subject: Warning Automatic Litter box kills kitten...

To: colliebreeders
    Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 3:04 PM
    Subject: [CollieBreeders] Warning

PLEASE CROSS POST TO ANY AND ALL LISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that this is a collie list but right now I think everyone needs to hear this.

Alot of us also own cats and right at this moment I am devastated to say that I, my daughter and my mother in law are in mourning over the loss of a beautiful little kitten named Kanga. He was only 5 months old and was raised by us from the time he was three weeks old and a wild kitten.

My mother in law has one of those automatic litter boxes that sweeps the litter into a containment system. This litter box killed this poor baby about an hour ago. He had his neck broken (at least we hope he went that quick because I hate to envision the alternatives) by the sweeping mechanism.

Please warn everyone you know about this danger. The machine was supposed to have a sensor that stops it when the cat goes into the box but unfortunately for Kanga it didn't. Now we no longer have this beautiful little boy. He was so full of life and just loved everyone.

PLEASE WARN EVERYONE EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE A CAT YET!!! THEY MAY SOMEDAY.

We have a call into the company to tell find out if this happen before and what can be done about making these boxes safer.

Please say a little prayer for Kanga. He is at the Rainbow Bridge now and I know we will see him again but right now our hearts are being ripped out.

Thanks for listening

Karen Havighorst
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Thank you very much for posting. but just so you know, someone already posted this (so if you don't get a lot of responses, it is NOT because we don't appreciate the posting)

I am glad they are not even available here in Moldova.
    Poor Kanga

I think what happened is probably really rare, although I would never use one of those....could imagine what would happen to my son if he got his hand stuck etc.

My sympothies go out to the family who lost their beloved family member. Such heartache. I would sue the company!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

A friend of mine owns one. She said that the instructions clearly state that you should not use with cats under six months of age. That's not to say that it isn't horrible that these people lost their kitten, but it does sound like the company provided the warning. Still makes me very sad.