Thread: spots

spots

my best friend, renee, has three rats...two of them are siamese...she noticed one day that they seemed to be dirty, so she took them in the bathroom to give them a wash....when she looked at them in the different light, she knew that these spots were not going to come off...she washed them anyways, and she was right...she says that they started off small, but now are about the size of toonies...they are also now black...i cant remember how many spots there r, but its still wierd...do u think there is some sort of mutated gene? or r they just oddmarked?
    I've been BOO'd!

Are you saying they have black dots on their body? If so theyw ould be consider high whites or dalmation...which should not be bred together because of the risk of megacolon. But they could be bred to selfs just not to another high white.

So is that what you are saying? They look like dalmations?

If they only have black points, such as on the nose, feet, ears and tails they are seal point siamese.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Are you saying they have black dots on their body? If so theyw ould be consider high whites or dalmation...which should not be bred together because of the risk of megacolon. But they could be bred to selfs just not to another high white.

So is that what you are saying? They look like dalmations?

If they only have black points, such as on the nose, feet, ears and tails they are seal point siamese.
    well, they were sold to her as siamese rats...the first one, Hope, is supposed to be a chocolate point...then Vizhta, is supposed to be a blue point...
    she got them in...uhhh i think she got them in november...the spots just started showing up i think in december (ill have to ask her). the rats are now i think around four months, and i know for sure that she got them when they were 2 months...they r sisters, and her other rat doesnt have any spots, so it cant be anything renee is doing that might do that...can it really take that long for spots to show up?
    ps u go on prc right?
    I've been BOO'd!

What is "prc"?

Yes it takes that long for points to come in. Just because the other girl doesn't have spots doesn't mean they aren't siamese. There are no breeds of rats, just types. There could be many types in one litter.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    What is "prc"?

Yes it takes that long for points to come in. Just because the other girl doesn't have spots doesn't mean they aren't siamese. There are no breeds of rats, just types. There could be many types in one litter.
    oops sorry, the other one isnt a sister...i just meant the siamese ones are sisters...i just reread that sentence i wrote and it is pretty confusing what i said lol..
    prc id pet rats canada...didnt u say u own whispering wise rattery? cuz someone on prc said that they were going to name their rattery whispering wise rattery some time ago...
    i know that there arent any breeds of rat, just types, but it confuses me, because the "breeder" that sold my friends those rats stressed about how purebred they r....i was like "what?" she isnt on my msn list anymore, and my msn isnt even working, but i would like to talk to her and ask her y should would give out false information...she said "pure siamese." i didnt want to argue so i just went along with it, but my friend is pretty angry that the person would lie to her and wants me to talk to her about it...the breeder said that their lines have only been made up of siamese rats...That makes no difference with the offspring, so i dont understand y she is telling ppl these things...she also said the rats have papers but she didnt want to buy them and a whole load of stuff...
    i asked if u were on prc because the breeder is on there..
    I've been BOO'd!