Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graemer is sick! :(

Graemer is sick! :(

I have not a clue as to why he is acting the way he is. I have an appointment at noon today to check him out. He is not eating (is using the litter box!) and will not move much. He can hardly meow....its so pitiful. I am taking him for a checkup and temperature reading to rule out infection. My guess is that he had hurt his neck or leg joint as a result of his jumping off doors etc. He is his own worst enemy. The visit will put my mind at ease to a certain degree, even if they find nothing to treat. He looks so uncomfortable and very thin. This is day two for him, and I just don't want it to get any worse! $$$$$$$$$$$ !

Wish me luck!

Oh my!! Sallyanne prayers are already on the way for your sweetie pie. I am hoping that the vet can find the cause for this very quickly and that it is something easily treatable. Being in pain can definitely be a reason to not eat. I am sure you have given him the best non-professional exam that you can (feeling joints, etc.) Does he seem to flinch? I'm glad he is using the litterbox. At least that is a good sign. Oh dear! I will be on pins and needles until you return. {{{{{HUGS to you little Graemer}}}}}

Ohh, poor Graemer - and you! Not knowing what is wrong is the worst. I hope the vet can find the reason and treat it!

Get better real soon, Graemer!

Best of luck!!

hugs from us,
    Fister & Randi

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OH no another sick kitty!!! Well I hope that the vet doesn't find anything seriously wrong with him and hopefully he can be treated at home with some medication like my Neko was. I will be thinking of you all day, please keep us posted as soon as you know anything!!
    Get well soon Graemer!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Oh, I hope he starts to feel better real soon. Hope the vet can figure out what is bothering him, so your mind can be put to ease and he can be treated....please let us know what the vet says when you return...fingers, toes and legs crossed

Robyn

Thank you...

I just feel so helpless. I am sure the Vet will rule out some things quickly and since Grammy Crackers is walking, is using the litter box, I suspect when the vet starts tugging on limbs, he will come to a conclusion! Of course the temperature will be important too. You know, when it is your dear pet, you feel so out of sorts because they cannot tell you where it hurts.

I will keep you posted and thanks for your positive thoughts!

CATS !!!!!!

Oh, dear, poor Graemer and you too. Hope it turns out to be something simple and treatable at home. Be thinking of you and sending postive thoughts.

Chris

I hope Graemer is OK.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Come on Graemer! You've got to tell the white coats what's wrong and if you need medication please take it without a fuss. We're all keeping our fingers and paws crossed!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Graemer.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Prayers on the way and the cat boys have their paws crossed. Luke used to get on the top of the door like Graemer. I think he's growing out of it now he's older. Please keep us posted.

One of a kind

Well, I just got back from the Vet. Graemer has a fever of 104....not too bad and of course, the Vet was not able to find anything wrong with him except a sensitive back/spine.... so he prescribed antibiotics and a back rub twice a day. He showed me how to massage his spine. Our guess is that he has a fever from the discomfort and that he just needs some rest and a few pills for a few days in a row. He is ok, just not his usual obnoxious self! He didn't even try to get out of his container...or off the table....etc. He just wanted to be held....awwwwwwwwww. Here he comes now......Mr. Sad Sack. I think he will be fine.

Thanks for your concerns!

SAS

Good to hear he'll be okay! And extra cuddling is too hard a burden to bear!

Yikes! Poor Graemer. Hope he's back to being spunky in a day or so!!!

I think he just acted like that so he could get a back rub! I'm glad everything is basically ok with him. I'm sure the meds and massages will help out.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever