Thread: Guinea Pigs&Bunnies

Guinea Pigs&Bunnies

i will be petsitting a friend's Guinea Pig for a few weeks. i need any advice to what they eat,what they like for treats,can they go outside,where should i put his cage,what do their noises mean,how long or often should i hold him and play with him??????
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

if you have a dog in need of a home let me know. i may take it.

hey .. leave the guinea alone for a few days and let him get used to his surrounding ok..

they need alot of vitamin C so give him lots of veggies like a bowl full in the morning and a bowl full at night...

put the cage in a room not being used for they are nocternal and make sqeeling noises at night when they are most vercherious..

they get lonely very often so hold him all the time .. have a towel on you lap when you cuddle him because they pee ALOT..

when they are exsited scared or whatever they make i hight picked squeeling sound thy sound like a pig.. thats why they are called guinea PIGS.. dont be alarmed if it does this the first time you play with him.. he doesnt know you and i would scream if some strange gaient picked me up wouldent you ?? lol so just be VERY gentle with it ok and oh ya have funnn !! lol
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

didnt your friend give you a list or information on how to take care of him while he/shes gone? If not, ask her!

How is it that you aren't able to care for Emmy (GSD) while you move, but can take babysit another's animals?

It doesn't make sense to me...? I'm not trying to start a fight, just trying to understand your reasonings...

Also, what advice did you need about bunnies? (you mentioned them in the title)

i just wanted to know if the care for them is the same or pretty much the same as Guinea Pigs?

and a Guinea Pig is different. it is not considered a pet like a cat or a dog to my land lord. alot easier to care for.

Originally posted by lexie

and a Guinea Pig is different. it is not considered a pet like a cat or a dog to my land lord. alot easier to care for.
    JFYI: My Bunny Jilly is out of her cage from 7 in the morning till 11 at night and is with me either being held, watching tv, being brushed, for at LEAST 4 hours a day. I'm sure a guinie pig will want the same, maybe not as much out time but I'm sure just as much attention. Make sure you don't deprive this animal of this just because you are moving. Jilly needs just as much time as Chewy does. She wants to be with you and she always needs water or food or her litter box changed of her floor whipped off or something. I mean I'm not complaining, I love it but I just want to make sure you understand what you are getting in to.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Originally posted by lexie
    i just wanted to know if the care for them is the same or pretty much the same as Guinea Pigs?

If that is your theory- I don't think you should own any animal. IMO. How can you love it if it is not your "pet"? How can you care for it if it is not your "pet". What is it supposed to be then, a toy, livestock, what?? GGGRRRRRRR!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb