Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is getting scary...

I hate all of this. I just want to live my life in peace...I don't watch or hear the news anymore. It scares me.

cheeta: Gee I dunno, planes crashing into buildings, anthrax in the mail, every crazed freak on the face of the earth gunning for America, ring a bell?!?!?!
    And now North Korea doing that crazy stuff with nukes?? I tell ya the world is going to H E double L in a handbasket.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Originally posted by Lalania
    cheeta: Gee I dunno, planes crashing into buildings, anthrax in the mail, every crazed freak on the face of the earth gunning for America, ring a bell?!?!?!
    And now North Korea doing that crazy stuff with nukes?? I tell ya the world is going to H E double L in a handbasket.
    I am totally shocked by the last statement of the world going to H E double L in a handbasket. I didn't think athiests believed in heaven or hell or an after life for that matter!

Sorry guys... I just couldn't stop myself. I just finished reading another post and it kind of had my thoughts flowing in this direction.

This reminds me of the late 1950s and early 60s when lots of people had bomb shelters and at school we were taught to 'duck and cover'. Duck under our desks and cover our heads. Like that would save us from a nuke attack. We were given the illusion of safety but it was a joke.

I think the media has a lot of blame on their heads. They keep things stirred up so they can get ratings. I try not to watch the news any more than possible. I do have a cousin in the reserves whose unit has been called up.

Dixie - I think she was just using a phrase, not meaning it literally. Jeez.

Personally, I think this whole thing has been orchestrated by the government to scare the crap out of the American public. If everyone's scared enough, they'll go along with anything the President wants.

Soledad : correct, i was using a phrase not LITERALLY meaning we're going to hell as i don't *believe* in hell
    I *DO* believe if some things do not change in a hurry we are headed towards certain disaster.

I'm not all that scared anymore, if it happens, it happens *shrug* but then again, I don't live in a big US city.....

yeah they call them 'terror-ists' for a reason don't let the jerks win!!!!!

I know I already replied and said it was scary, but it's like the day after you hear about something (like a warning), you forget all about it. We could have it much much worse. We are very lucky to be here.
    Popcornbird--I understood exactly what your cousin was saying--her English is very good--that's part of the reason I realized that we can be silly sometimes.
    Yes, we need to be vigilant, but seriously, what are we going to do. Personally, there's nothing I can do, we just have to have faith that those who do have the power, will make the right decisions. And we have to pray for and thank our men and women who are serving in the military.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

You're so right Lalania! Just get the evil moron out of power, help the country get back on its feet and move on!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I fail to see how that will address the issue of terrorism. Take out Saddam, and there's still Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. Not to mention North Korea.

I think somebody needs to give ole so dang insane some cement shoes, if ya know what I mean, and heck if they could find Osama "Garbage" Bin Laden, I'd slap him around myself
    as for that nut in North Korea, oy!!!! ship him off to Siberia or something!

Oh yeah, get rid of the idiotic moron in Korea too! And while they're at it get rid of OBL too (if he's still alive). And it's a start getting rid of Saddam.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by cheetahgirl

It is? Thanks! I don't think so though. I have no courage to "talk" in English. Only type.
    yes, it's fine--I haven't had any trouble with any of your posts, and I am a pain about misspellings and bad English--keep on posting, I enjoy hearing from someone so far away!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by mugsy
    Oh yeah, get rid of the idiotic moron in Korea too! And while they're at it get rid of OBL too (if he's still alive). And it's a start getting rid of Saddam.
    didn't we clean up the world in another thread???
    lmmfao....