Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is getting scary...

This is getting scary...

U.S. to raise threat level

For only the second time ever, President Bush plans to raise the national terror threat level from "elevated" to "high" -- "yellow" to "orange" on the government's warning system. A news conference with Attorney General John Ashcroft and Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge is set for 1 p.m. EST.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

I am very scared. Did you see Bush's statement yesterday evening? It was scary stuff..
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

And where the heck have you been? Did you sign up for the gift exchange? Fritz would love to buy Reece a little toy.

It is very scarey indeed. Our son called this morning from Japan and said their batallions plans were changed in the last few days. They were originally going into the middle east region but now are being deployed to Korea! Just one more thing to scare me! I am sure glad I have my younger son and the puppers to hug when I get home!

It must be so scary having your son involved in this. If a war breaks out, a lot of my friends will have to go too. I just have such an awful feeling about all of this today.

If this is happening today, can you imagine what will be the consequences of a war? When the terrorists bring the war to us, we, unlike Vice- President Cheney, will not have "an undisclosed location" to hide. I wish I could say "I don't want to think about it," but I have hardly though about anything else lately.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Tanya it is on the TV now. I can't ever remember a time like this. My stomach is in a constant knot.

I agree--I just saw it on the news, and it is scary. The worst part is, we can't do anything about it.
    My stepmother and 2 sisters are in Florida right now, I was so worried about them until they called to say they were in their hotels.
    My husband and I were discussing having children the other day, and neither one of us wants to until we see whats going on in the world. Very scary.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Is IS scary, but you can't let "them" do this to you. If "they" see fear, they've won.

Don't allow a possibility to worry you, worry is unconstructive. Concentrate on your loved ones and furkids. Make where you live a better place.

I know its hard, but we are bigger and better than anything anyone can throw at us. By "we", I mean each person, not just those in the U.S.

Take care, pray, love each other and stand tall.

God Bless!

Dixieland Dancer,
    You must be so scared for your son. He and all that are with him are heros in my eyes. Know that I'll be praying for a safe return home.
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 02-07-2003 at 02:05 PM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I have heard reports that it could be under control in as little as 24 hours after it starts. We are so much more technologically advanced it's not even funny. My only fear would be the biological crap, IF he could get it out of the country. From the way it sounds Powell made a pretty powerful argument for war, swaying just about all except the French and the Germans.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

My only fear would be the biological crap
    You and me both Mugsy! Especially for all of our soldiers who are overseas. And I know how you feel Dixieland Dancer, I'm so scared of where Brian, my husband, will end up in the next few months and what he will be doing.

One thing is for sure, I am a supporter of all of our troops and proud of what they do for our country, no matter what happens in the next few months. They just do what their told and fight for our rights! Dixieland, please do me a favor and let your son know that we are proud of what they do for us and I understand what it's like to be apart from the family to do these things. I don't know, however, what it's like to be over there in the actual situation, but my husband will all too soon for me!

just to set your fears at rest.

the amounts of chemical/biological materials needed to kill thousands of people are pretty immense.

in order to 'pollute' a water supply the amounts of any substance
    are so large it would be futile to even bother.
    for example: if one ounce of a material is needed to kill one person, you'd need 16 ounces to kill 16 people, by dumping that material into a water supply-should you get a ton of the stuff-
    you dilute the chemical into parts per million-you would have better luck asking people to line up to be poisoned.

there are some chems that you need to come into contact with, actually touching them in order to become ill or die.

also the handling of any chem or nuke material is difficult due to the specific effects of either material. Moving any nuke materials
    depends of what kind and how much shielding is needed to keep
    the radiation from killing the people handling it. same thing with chem and bio materials. the utmost care is needed to keep the
    materials in a 'safe' state.

the worse effect of any kind of attack is the reaction of the people afterwards.

they call it terror for a reason........they scare the living bejesus out of you in order to keep you from doing the normal things that you do each day...Of course there is a possibility of ANY kind of
    terrorist attack, but by hiding out and not participating in the
    normal things we do, they win.

remember the halloween scare??? everytime the terrorists make a threat against our financial structure they weaken the base of our country-we don't shop, make purchases....

there is no guarantee the we will always be safe.

but we can make sure that we keep vigilant-the government cannot protect each and everyone of us-at that point we
    watch out for each other, we have done it before we will continue to do so in the future.

one way to keep from being scared or agitated is to find the
    idea that scares you the most and get as much info as you
    can about it. read and understand. ask questions.
    know what to be aware of. be aware of your surroundings.

we are afraid of what is behind the door because we refuse to see what lays beyond.

Here's my two cents.. I think it's the Government's fault of what's going on in the world right now. Before 9/11 attacks, the Government knew about it, but didn't "increase" security or whatever else.. what I'm saying is, they ALLOWED it to happen, and look where we're at now, two years later.. ugh this is just scary.. I don't know what to think.. I hope we won't go to war..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I would say the chances of that are slim to none and Slim's packing his bags. I just hope that it's quick without the loss of too many lives.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by mugsy
    I have heard reports that it could be under control in as little as 24 hours after it starts. We are so much more technologically advanced it's not even funny.
    When World War I and World War II started, both in summer time, the people were assured that "the boys will be back by Christmas." Well, we know what happened.
    It's true the "art" of war is so much technologically advanced now. That means that more people can be killed in a shorter period of time.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..