Thread: Last update on Husband's stolen car (i promise) ;)

Last update on Husband's stolen car (i promise) ;)

Hi, I just thougt I'd give the final update on my husband's car. It was recovered. The insurance appraiser and my husband went and looked at the car. He was a huge help and is even covering all of the modifications that my dh had on the car. He gave us the option of eithering totaling the car and quoted us the price that we would get and it was within $500 of what we know the car is worth, so we were really happy with that or salvaging it (so we can get it fixed)...since the body and interior are in great shape (other than the missing, stolen parts )...and quoted us a price that we would get to fix the car...so we are going with fixing the car. This way my dh can customize it himself (get a new engine, etc.), rather that getting a new car that he would just want to customize in the long run anyway (b/c he is never happy with a "stock" car)...and he really likes this car...we are fortunate enough to have a place to work on the car and store it until its finished and also have a car for him to drive around in the mean time (his brother's car...his brother is away in Guam)...so....it all worked really well, and in the long run, his car will be far better than it ever was!! Take that you theives!!!

And by the way, he is getting a top-of-the-line alarm system, custom coverage on the car, and we are planning on having an addition built on our house in the summer, with a garage.

Anyway, thanks for all of your concern and hopefully this will all finalize soon, so we can start getting the car running again.

Robyn

Best of luck to you both with everything!

I want to see a pic of the car after it is fixed.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Wow, I'm so glad the insurance company was so accommodating! Sounds like you should stick with them.

As I always say "everything always works out for the best, even if you can't see it at the time." And here is another perfect example.

So glad things worked out so well!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Wow great news!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

That is great news!!! I understand your hubby's need to customize--my CRV looks nothing like any other ones on the road, thanks to my husband!! I am so happy for you that everything will work out for the best--be sure and post some pictures when it is finished--my husband is a Honda nut and loves that car--he will love to see it!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Hey , i am really happy for you two , Robyn !!!

Glad to hear that things worked out okay!

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    That is great news!!! I understand your hubby's need to customize--my CRV looks nothing like any other ones on the road, thanks to my husband!! I am so happy for you that everything will work out for the best--be sure and post some pictures when it is finished--my husband is a Honda nut and loves that car--he will love to see it!!
    YAY Honda! YAY CRVs!!! I have my first Honda and it is a CRV and I love it. I can only imagine how nice yours looks with all of the extras your hubby has added!

Robyn,
    I'm so happy that this horrible situation has worked out to your satisfaction. It is so nice to hear a good insurance company story, once in a while!!!
    Logan

Robyn, I am happy for you and your husband that this situation can be put behind you without the added insult of the insurance company not being fair. Also good to hear that a garage is soon to be part of the family home. That will be a big benefit to protecting the new and improved vehicle.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France