Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your cat like peanut butter???

Does your cat like peanut butter???

I was eating breakfast yesterday. A bagel with peanut butter and coffee. Moo, being the junk food pig that he is, got in my face and started licking the p-b off the bagel!!! I never knew he liked it before.

Do any of your pets like it? I just find it a little weird that a cat would like p-b.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yes!

....you eat bagles with p-b?! lol thats different!

Yes! My elderly gal, Patty, loves it. Must be the protein. I made myself a p-b sandwich to take to work and left it on the counter in a sandwich bag and the next thing I knew Patty was running for the basement with the bag in her mouth. We dare not leave anything with peanut butter on it or they will be licking it.

I never eat peanut butter soo I wouldn't know if my cats like it. My cats are weird, they like butter. One time, Sabrina, she was licking the butter of the bread. I don't why they like butter, i think it is kind of strange. None of cats like peanute butter but that is a bit weird too.

Peanut butter! I don't think I've had that since I was an au pair in England. Have to get some! I wouldn't be surprized if Fister likes it.

Have you tried with Marmite?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I always eat my bagels with peanut butter!!

But no, so far Nakita has no interest (except french fries) in human foods!

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I will have to ask my husband this one! There are a couple of foods which I have never and will never eat. In fact...I prefer to leave the room (because of the smell) when he eats peanut butter on...yes..his bagel and when he shares his tuna with Edwina.

BTW...he puts honey on top of the peanut butter on his bagel!

Originally posted by I_love_cats
    I never eat peanut butter soo I wouldn't know if my cats like it. My cats are weird, they like butter. One time, Sabrina, she was licking the butter of the bread. I don't why they like butter, i think it is kind of strange. None of cats like peanute butter but that is a bit weird too.
    Minou also likes butter. I give him some when he gets fur balls.

I can't say I've ever offered peanut butter to my cats. What is funny about cats is how sometimes they will have a favorite people food, like Nakita and her French Fries. When I was a growing up, we had a cat named Misty. Her favorite thing was saltine crackers. She would come running from anywhere as soon as she heard someone opening the bag of crackers. Growing up in a house with 3 kids, that cat had plenty of begging opportunites, but she went simply nuts for saltines, and ignored almost anything else we ate!

Peanut butter on bagels?!? I only put cream cheese or butter on bagels. Maybe I should try peanut butter.

Nutmeg likes PB Once I was eating something with PB (I put it on toast and bagels, but only multgrain bagels ) and she got some really stuck to her nose becasue she came and sniffed. For the next ten minutes she was busy licking her nose! I was laughing so hard I could barely finish!

Yes, peanut butter on a bagel, toasted of course. It's got fat, protein and carbs in it.

I also share my tuna (when I make a sandwich) with my cats too!

Randi, what is Marmite?? Is that like jelly, jam or marmalade???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yup, my two also like Peanut butter. I onced used peanut butter as a treat with a pill hidden in it...also tried to use peanut butter as a distraction for clipping nails!! (That did not work as I hoped - peanut butter was ALL OVER the place!! )

hmmm thats a new one. Peanut Butter and Cats?
    I Cheer
    I Bump, Set, & Spike
    I Freethrow

GO FIGHT WIN!

or in the words of Cataholic:
    Go, Fight, Win the Lottery!

Sincerly signed a very Spirited Cheerleader!

Hmmmm...never tried giving them peanut butter. Does it stick to the roof of their mouths and drive them crazy?
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever