Thread: Tuna,Tuna,Tuna,Tuna!

Tuna,Tuna,Tuna,Tuna!

Well I made the dumb mistake of feeding my cat tuna, and now she refuses to eat anything else for days at a time, and then finally I always give in because she has that hungry little kitty look on her face. I know I shouldn't feed her tuna, but it was a snack one time and now she's hooked!
    I Cheer
    I Bump, Set, & Spike
    I Freethrow

GO FIGHT WIN!

or in the words of Cataholic:
    Go, Fight, Win the Lottery!

Sincerly signed a very Spirited Cheerleader!

I gave my kitties tuna one time and they went nuts for it!!! But they still ate their regular food.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I dunno what to do! She won't eat ANYTHING except for tuna!
    I Cheer
    I Bump, Set, & Spike
    I Freethrow

GO FIGHT WIN!

Their is an article this week on the ASPCA homepage dedicated to the To Tuna or not to Tuna question. I, personally, drain the liquid out and let Minnie lap it up. I have done that for her for years. Not only will it help her fur, it may add some weight on her old bones. I wouldn't feed it to my young cats, they are big enough!!
    I have had Minnie since I was 4 years old!! I am 18 now, she is truly my best friend for life!! I also am a momma to 6 other beauties as well :-)

If we had tuna, the cats get the leftovers. They love it but they still eat their regular food (but in general they're picky enough)

Now come on meowmie, steel yourself against that little kitty face (it's hard, I know) and apply the "tough love" theory! You can't let your "kids" have everything they want or they'll become spoiled. (Oh wait, cats are BORN spoiled. Too late! ) Boy, your kitty sure sounds stubborn - I would think that a few days of hunger would end the tuna-fest.

My kitty goes mental for tuna, too - also for Fancy Feast flaked trout. I remember hearing somewhere that too much fish is not good for kitties, especially boys, since it messes up their urinary tract or something. My kitty is a fish-a-holic though, so I only give him fish-flavored food every 3rd day. I think I'll check out that ASPCA site and see what they have to say about fish.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

First off, if your cat shouldn't have a diet at all of only tuna. The reason are the mercury levels in tuna. That is why pregnant women and small children are even advised to limit its consumption.

Second, I'm not sure how old your kitten/cat is. If it is a kitten, you could be doing more harm than good since it is not getting the daily nutrient requirements needed for its growth.

What you could do is start mixing a little tuna or tuna juice in with the regular cat food. Do this slowly and every other day add more cat food than tuna/juice.

Also be careful when you start introducing different foods to your cat. Cat's digestive systems take awhile to adjust and you have to introduce new food slowly.

Nakita on the other hand hates human food (including fish!) so she never begs for anything we are eating (except french fry's and potatoe chips!)

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Well it doesn't seem to be bothering her that much. She is like three so its not harming her
    I Cheer
    I Bump, Set, & Spike
    I Freethrow

GO FIGHT WIN!