Thread: labrador retriever size

labrador retriever size

Does anyone know how big an 8 week old labrador is? I will be getting a new puppy in February, and I don't know what to expect.

Welcome Stacy!! Congrats on the new puppy? Where are you getting him/her from? Do you have a name picked out yet?

Here's some pics of my husky when he was 8 weeks old...I think he was around 10 lbs, I'm not sure. Labradors are normally somewhat larger then huskies though.

HI! Thank you for writing me back. I found this puppy from a breeder in the newspaper. We also found one at our local Humane Society that is older. I think we are going to go ahead and get both. I used to have a lab, but we didn't have him when he was 8 weeks old, and I don't know how big they are. The breeder sent me newborn pictures of him, but I'm just dying of curiosity. The female at the Humane Society is pretty big already.

Labs and Goldens are very similar in size. You can expect anywhere from 10 to 12 pounds at 8 weeks. You can expect about 65 pounds for an average weight female and about 75 pounds for an average weight male at maturity.

Congratulations on getting a new pup! Please post pictures when you do!!

Since Iīm from Sweden, I don`t know the way you measure in pounds.
    But in kilos my lab weight 6 kg when she was 8 weeks, and she was normal sized. And they are growing FAST.
    So take a lot of pictures. I missed that.
    How fantastic for you. My Zoya is now 9 months old. And I miss those first weeks we had her. (but she was awake during the nights, so maybee I donīt miss that so much when I think it over)
    Annika & Zoya

Good luck with your new puppy. I found some pics of my black lab when she was around 8 weeks old. I hope this helps you. All i can say is put away nice pillow on couches, and keepsake blankets, and have a lot of chew toys. Watch out for random holes in flat walls made from your newcomer! lol hehe they are the most playful bundles of joy!

Lauren, Honey, Orion, Caeleigh, Chloe & Stangly

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH KAYANN FOR THE WONDERFUL SIG!