Thread: Smokey! Don't do that to me!!

Smokey! Don't do that to me!!

I woke up this morning and could not find Smokey anywhere! My mom lets them out at 5:00 am and they are just usually sleeping around the house when I wake up....

I swear I searched everywhere, under every bed, even in closets, lol. I looked in the back yard, down the street....I even told Reggie, "Go find Smokey!" and all he did was bark. I called his name, but I knew he could not hear me, his hearing is not so good anymore.

So then I'm freaking out, wondering what I'm going to do...wondering if he's wandering outside somewhere...I have to leave for work really soon...

Not once second after I had picked up the phone, and dialed my mom's work number...I found him! He was curled up in the tiniest black ball, sleeping under my mom's sewing machine desk...I don't know how I missed that, and I even looked in that room at least 3 times, calling his name! Smokey, don't do that to me again!!

It's amazing how fast they can "vanish" ! I'm constantly losing Zam in my one bedroom apartment.

She always looks at me like.. "What?"
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

The folks over on the cat boards have had a similar experience this morning. Oh my these little ones can sure scare their humans to death, can't they? My toy poodle, Pumpkin (RB) lived to be 17 yrs. old and toward the end of his little life he was totally deaf and his vision was poor due to very dense cataracts. At first I thought his hearing was just a little "off" but one day while he slept I clapped my hands right beside his little head. No response. It sounds a little to me like Smokey may be having a similar problem. Then again he may have just been having a very good dream! My new little black mini, Ripley, sends him sloppy licks and kisses!

Not a good way to start the day. Hope it got better!

lol, silly smokey!

once my sis just got out of the bathroom door and mickey was walking around, so we told her to close the door since we don't want him to go inside. she closed it and then we were all like "mickey, where are you..." for a few minutes. my sis opened the bathroom door and he sprinted out. it was so funny he also "disappeared" into the closet. the scare he gave me with that one!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Silly, Smokey pups!! Marigold does that to us sometimes and usually we will find her hidden way behind the bed or something silly like that.

My Smokey scared me like that the other day! And he's nearly 60 pounds, I don't know HOW I missed him.

I've been packing all week, boxes everywhere, closest almost all the way cleaned out. He has been following me around constantly, like he KNOWS something is going on. Well we were in my bedroom and I couldn't find him. I noticed the door was open just a little but I didn't think he could have squeezed through it. So I looked in the closet really quickly, not seeing him I figured he did go through the door so I went out of my room (shutting the door behind me) and looked downstairs, outside, in the bathroom, in the garage... Couldn't find him. Went back into my room and he was in the closet. How did I miss a bright white, 60 pound dog in a tiny little closet!?? Oh man, I'm losing it!

Originally posted by manda99
    How did I miss a bright white, 60 pound dog in a tiny little closet!?? Oh man, I'm losing it!
    LMAO! I don't know! I'm not quite sure how I missed Smokey either, but he's a bit smaller (and darker)! He's done this to us before, but it was more of a panic for me because I was home alone and I had to leave for work soon!

Pam, Smokey will be 17 in february. I know he's not completely blind or deaf, but he's getting there....it's much easier to startle him sleeping now, but he will still wake up with pretty loud sounds.