Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: K9 Karen's Cody is ill

K9 Karen's Cody is ill

Some of you may be aware that K9Karen's Cody has been very ill for several days now, last Thursday I think to be exact. It came on quite suddenly with many symptoms that would suggest something neurologic. She has had him to the vet's several times and the feeling is that it might have been a stroke or a seizure of some sort. He was seeming a little disoriented and walking into walls and his eyes were rolling on exam. I just got a brief update from Karen, and Cody is still not himself. His appetite is down and he isn't going potty like he should. He hasn't lost any ground, but he isn't snapping out of it like we would all like to see happen. He just celebrated his 11th birthday and is such a special boy to all of us Pet Talkers. All prayers would be very much appreciated for this sweetie and for Karen as well. There have been so many sick Pet Talk furkids lately that need our prayers. {{{Hugs}}} to Karen and Cody and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery!

Karen and Cody are in my thoughts.

Cody is on my prayer list and Karen too! Is there any update on his condition since last week?

Thanks for letting us know Pam COdy and Karen will be in our thoughts and prayers I hope he's ok

Here's our Cody boy. We're sending lots of hugs and love, and praying that he will be ok, Karen!!

Karen,

I'm praying hard for your Heart dog Cody. Lighting a prayer
    candle & asking god's grace & healing power to make him well
    again and to keep you strong for Cody. He is a beautiful and
    very special dog. You both are in my thoughts & prayers. Liz.

P.S. Please give Cody a smooch right on his little forehead.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks Everyone! Cody was doing better the last few days, we even did a little play wrestle yesterday for some excercise, since I've been afraid to walk him in such freezing weather plus his condition. He seemed Ok, but this morning acted funny again. I HAD to go to work to show my face, but I've been a wreck. I called home and he has yet to poop. I had wrapped his antibiotics in PB this morning as usual but I practically had to shove them down his throat. Yikes! I refuse to call home anymore, it's too upsetting, so I'll just check him out when I get there These past few months have been lousy. I can't pray any harder....Thanks for all of your caring and prayers. I could just cry.

Cody and Karen are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris

Karen and beautiful Cody have been in my prayers. Please keep us updated. The vet still isn't sure what it was/is? We're praying for you, Cody, get well, Boy!! {{{HUGS}}}
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Karen and Cody are in our prayers!! Hope Cody gets better--give him a kiss from me!!!

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hello, God?

Hi, God ~

Cinder & Smokey here, onna Prayer Line ~

Need summa Your Speshul Help donw here on planet Earth...

Seems our Buddie, Cody - he's K9 Karen's Big Dawggie ~
    Izint feelin so gud the last few dayz... Kinda stumblin around an not eetin much.

Kuld You paLeeze ansur our Prayerz an make him feel better? An maybe You could call up hiz White Coat an give the Doc sum gud tips on jest whut to do to help him feel better?

We'd all reelee preciate Your Help on Cody's case!!
    An if You kuld; whispur in his Mom's ear so she knowez You're werkin onna case - she's purdy wurried bout her Cody.

Thanks, God!

/s/ The Prayer Pups
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Thinking of you both, and You both will be in my prayers.

----<---<--<{(@

We're still keeping the both of you in our prayers.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh goodness, I don't like to hear bad news at all. Cody, my buddy, you have to get better, kid. You just HAVE TO! Your mom loves you SOOOO much and so do we here on PT. You are one of my all time favorite fellas, and it makes us worry when you are not well. Please, please get better, my sweet, beautiful Codster pal. You are SO important and special and loved.

Karen, you and Cody will be in my thoughts. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Lots of love,

Leslie, Graham, Kersey & Minion

Thank you! Thank you!..over and over.... I couldn't wait to get home last night, I was so worried and sick.....turns out, Cody greeted me at the door, with not as much enthusiasum as usual, but at least he was there with wagging tail. He ate all his dinner, begged for some of mine (yeah, I obliged) so I was thrilled.! He pestered me for a walk although he only walked to the corner of the Big Block, instead of his usual in/out/around/through/over/pee everywhere "I own the block" ritual. I settled for 10 minutes instead of an hour. He did his potty things (yay!). He's still quieter than normal and I feel awful for all the times he bothered me and I ignored him. So now, he's brattier too, cause I just give in to his every whim..I'll worry about the repercussions later. This morning he refused his "peanut butter pills" so either he's not hungry or is wise to my little tricks. I think the latter cause he can be a smarty pants. I honestly don't know how I'd cope without all of you. I know you all truly understand, esp. when so much seems to pile up at one time..when it rains it pours. I sincerely love all of you and am so grateful you're my friends....