Thread: Purrin & Meowin @ Same Time?

Purrin & Meowin @ Same Time?

Hmm, I learnt something new here from my friend's new kitten, Micro who lives with me...have been PURRING like a huge cruise engine...but he have been meowing at the same time...anyone of you have found this strange? What does it means? I'd be really surprised if I knew meowing also can come from 'happiness'...true? Interesting!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Pumpkin purrs and meows at the same time-its so cute! She usually does it when she's really happy and then you start talking to her and she replys by meowing.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Inka makes it even MORE complicated : she purrs-eats-meows at the same time ... ! She is quite a surprise sometimes .. and.... I LOVE HER TO PIECES , he he

The purring and meowing at the same time is so adorable - my kitty doesn't do it often, but when he does, I just melt. It's usually when he's happy to see me AND about to get fed. (Since he won't ever stop meowing, he has to "multi-task" ) Another thing he does is meow while licking his lips, and I love those garbled "me-lum-la" sounds he makes!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    The purring and meowing at the same time is so adorable - my kitty doesn't do it often, but when he does, I just melt. It's usually when he's happy to see me AND about to get fed. (Since he won't ever stop meowing, he has to "multi-task" ) Another thing he does is meow while licking his lips, and I love those garbled "me-lum-la" sounds he makes!
    Exactly like Juni.
    She also "multi-task"s when my brother spoils her. He calls her "tick", he says because he cannot get rid of her even if he's busy. I know it's because he doesn't want to. He loves her as much as I do.

LUT-

Inker-Stinker in the box is adorable!!

I hate to out do everyone, but, Allie meows,purrs AND YAWNS at the same time...how about that????

Diva meows and eats at the same time and I have to tell her not to talk with her mouth ful!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I hate to out do everyone, but, Allie meows,purrs AND YAWNS at the same time...how about that????
    Juni does that too, she started doing that about three months ago, that's so funny. Now she never yawns in silence.

My newly adopted Chris cat does that also, especially when he is excited about playing and running through the house. Also, he is very vocal whenever I talk to him. He is reminds me of a "puppy cat" by the way he follows me around the house and answers me! It is almost like a "growling sound" that he makes.

........wayne

Michael the Marvellous , at age 11 , purrs and meeeeowas all the time , and he evens puprrrrs at the vets before his operations , which the vets tell me is very rare! He is just such a happy cat!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by catmandu
    Michael the Marvellous , at age 11 , purrs and meeeeowas all the time , and he evens puprrrrs at the vets before his operations , which the vets tell me is very rare! He is just such a happy cat!
    aww...Micro yawns and purr too because he never stops purring!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..