Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rule.......

New rule.......

Whenever the word "mouse" is used, please state computer mouse or pet mouse.

Luckies4me wrote in another thread, and I quote:

Guys I am having major troubles with my mouse and it has already died a few times and we brought it back to life....

and I almost had heart failure until I realized that it was a comuter thingy!

This is the second time this word got me worked up. My mind is just more pet mouse oriented than computer mouse oriented.

So to prevent my having heart failure. please.........

HAHAHA im in keyboarding to right now, but i remeber my very first day in high school and also my first day in computor, where my teachers said that the most annoying thing in this class is the mice, but even though they tend to be dumb Don't kill them!! and I couldnt figgure out why there would be mice running around, until being my stupid self i relized she wasnt talking about "LIVE" mice.

LOL LOL

Thank goodness I have blonde hair (ie, an excuse). Until I read this thread, I thought she WAS talking about a real live mouse!

My goodness.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Haha, thats great! So true though..;]

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

LOL! I thought she was talking about a REAL mouse too, especially because she has so many rats, etc as pets! I read it like 10 times before I realized, Hey, wait a minute. She can't make a REAL mouse come back to life again! That's when I figured out it was a computer mouse and not a pet one.

This thread reminds me of something I saw on another site last night. I thought it was funny ... I hope it doesn't offend anyone!

"This memo is from an unnamed computer company. It went to all field engineers about a computer peripheral problem. The author of this memo was quite serious, but the engineers rolled on the floor:

"Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit). Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

"Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced by using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static-sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.

"Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately. It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.""
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*LOL* Twisterdog....I forwarded that to my brother. That is sooo funny!

lmao twisterdog that makes me think of something in computer class. i'de post it but, maybe some would find it inappropriate lol, that's hilarious!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

...i'm forwarding it to all my friends

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

LOL! This thread is sooo funny!

Sorry for the confusion lol. As I DO have a pet mouse also. hehe

We went to get a new mouse but we got one for Windows 98 and we have xp so it didn't work. I am now borrowing a friends mouse.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

omg Twisterdog that was so funny. I aqmsitting here laughing out loud all by myself. ** He He** Herc is looking at me like I'm nuts!

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

I have NEVER laughed so hard in my entire life.
    I was TRYING to read in out loud to my honey and I could barely get the words out

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    I have NEVER laughed so hard in my entire life.
    I was TRYING to read in out loud to my honey and I could barely get the words out
    he he Jen
    I agree , this is hilarious !!
    No REAL mice here ; only tons of fake toy mice , and a cute plastic computer mouse !!

Re: computer Mice are not O.S. Related

Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs

I have been a Tech working with computer for 13yrs. now and I have never seen a Mouse that would not work because of the Operating System(O.S.) the driver you may have been given did not work with xp but that does not mean it would not work. What kind of Mouse is it (I.E. optical, cordless, /ps/2, usb or serial) Please if you would send me the make, model and type (listed above) and i will try and help you.

IF it is a O.S. only mouse i would like to check it out further.

Most external Perpherials are not affected by the Operating system.
    Ok here is the info:
    It is a Micro comfort mouse Model PD39P. It says it is designed for Windows 95/98 and is a PS/2 Version. Is that all you need? It didn't work, although my friends mouse did...which is a cordless.

Let me know if you need anymore info ok. Thanks for your help!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.