Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Door to Door Solicitations

Thoughts on Door to Door Solicitations

You know, we gave at the office, so sorry.....
    (Tenny on the left, Dakky on the right)

That picture is funny.

My cats don't trouble a door to door salesperson, but my dogs are a different story. They just hand me a flyer, and head off fast when they hear a dog or 3 behind the door barking

The last one was a guy trying to sell home delivered steaks and meats. I think just his smell coming under the door, got my dog's mouths watering.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Whenever someone rings the doorbell, Tilly runs to the door growling, Nutmeg runs to the door to see who it is, and Bassett runs upstairs and hides under a bed Tilly is so funny though.. she has even growled at a doorbell on TV!!

Wow - I'd LOVE to come to your front door if that's who will be greeting me!

I HATE door-to-door solicitors. I usually just don't answer the door if I look out the peephole and don't know who it is. I'm getting very good at just saying no and shutting the door on those rare occasions I do open it. I'd probably answer if it was neighborhood kids though, especially if they came bearing the Girl Scout cookie order form!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Since I live in a security building, I usually don't get any solicitors. If I did Storm would be the only brave cat to greet them. Sunny would hide in my room and Pepper would just hide somewhere. Thanks for the great pic of your furkids Johanna. Now that you know how to post them we expect many more.

I hate door-to-door solicitors too! I never buy things at the door ; I prefer to go to the shop myself ! Since we live in our new house , we can always see who is ringing at the front door on a little screen in the kitchen
    Is VERY good !! No more intruders !

What a great picture. What beauties they are.
    We have a phone which is linked to the doorbell. So we don't have to open the door when we hear someone is selling encyclopedias.

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    Me too!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

wow, look at those two bundles of joy!!!!!

Great picture. I love the expression on their faces.
    Juni growls like a dog when she hears the ringbell and she somehow knows when it's us and our friends, or salesmen and even worse - beggers.

I love that photo. What a couple of cuties! Mostly our cats run away if someone comes to the door. Ginger is very curious, though - and she won't try and escape.

That is such a great picture! Tenny and Dakky are so cute and beautiful, what a treat anyone they open the door to are in for!

Door to door idiots!

We dont get a lot of them around here , just the satellite dish guy who barely speaks English and will pound on your door , even after you say NO! Of the lost cats , Joseph , Moose and Sam are the only ones that show any interest in visitors. The rest just hide themselves away!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Door to door idiots!

We dont get a lot of them around here , just the satellite dish guy who barely speaks English and will pound on your door , even after you say NO! Of the lost cats , Joseph , Moose and Sam are the only ones that show any interest in visitors. The rest just hide themselves away!The photos are incredible , was the person selling cat treats?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Me three! What a great picture. For some reason - I have no idea why, Tenny seems to be my favorite of your 6. Sure, they're all black and white, but for some reason, maybe it's the regal way he stands in the pic in your signature line. I love those little tufts that come out of his feet. (I hope he's a he, I don't remember for sure though ).

When our doorbell rings, Peanut immediately dashes to the nearest hiding spot, even if she was dead asleep before that. She absolutely hates the doorbell. Tubby takes our cue and either jumps right up to see who it is, or casually saunters down to see who it is. Needless to say, Peanut hates Halloween - poor kitty.

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl