Thread: Important Question

Important Question

When we get our taxes back I will be paying off some of my credit bills. Does anyone know how I can go about checking my credit status? I need to get it fixed soon so we can get a house.

I went to those free credit check ads but they want a credit card number. I asked my mom but she wasn't much help. Is there a number I can call or a bank or something? I really want to get these bills paid so I won't have to worry about it anymore. It's just been in the back of my head for a long time and I'm sick of it.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Try this site.... Experian
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I believe you can request your credit report once for free from the Agencies that do that, there are only a couple of companies that do it anyway. Call a local bank, they might be able to help you ...

Thanks you two! I will go look at the site right now. Thanks again!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Well again you need a credit card to check it, which I don't have.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Have you never had a credit card?

Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
    Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742
    Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289

These are the 3 main credit reporting agencies - if you call them, you can most likely order the credit report over the phone or by mail and pay with a check. (Because there are obviously people in need of credit reports who have neither a PC or a credit card!)
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

No I have never had a credit card nor do I ever plan to have one either.

Thanks very much ACGAS!!! I will give them a call tomorrow morning, first thing.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major