Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is your kitty snuggly??

Hayley is snuggly in the evenings. She gets up on my lap or chest (if I'm lying down) and can stay there for about an hour. I love the evenings!
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Juni is snuggly in the morning, almost every morning, but she's really weird and cute when I come from work and after I change my clothes. We have a shorter and more normal snuggling session immediatelly when I come in, but, after I change my clothes, she gets into a special mood, her fur is all in my mouth
    That's why I want a second kitty. She's getting bored home alone all day long.

Tubby is snuggly all the time! Anytime I have a chance to sit down at home, it's not long before he's right there, ready to stake his claim on my lap.

Peanut, on the other hand, prefers mornings while we're lounging in bed (usually only on weekends), at night when we first go to bed, and usually afternoons when Terry is working out of the house she will request some lap time while he's on the computer. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't depending on how busy he is.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Joxer - 2:00am
    Jan - 4:30am
    Sid - "what's snuggly?"

What fun to find this old thread.

Fister is snuggly in the morning, but not for long - he wants me to get up and then take over my pillow. Then, in the afternoon, we have a good long snuggle, and when I go bed, we read together. He comes up and positions himself right in front of me. A few minutes later, he setttles down and knead into my arm/chest - a good thing I clipped his nails! He leans his head backwards to reach my face, and I give him lots of kisses. Ahh, cats... aren't they the best!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, just reading these.

Mario is snuggly in the morning, and otherwise when he WANTS to be. He'll nip at me if I'm in a snuggly mood and he's not!- good naturedly of course.

Luigi is an odd one. He will snuggle up to anyone when he first meets them. He'll go on his hind legs if he wants to be held, and I'll hold his butt and back as he clings to my shoulder. If I'm laying down, he'll lay on my stomach. BUT if he has had enough, he gets this wild look in his eyes and swats or bites!

Toby isn't really snuggly, more affectionate (with ANYONE) in general. He's much like a dog in the way that he will walk up to you for a pet, sometimes meowing until you comply! He'll also nip lightly if he's really happy, or lick you o_O.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Mac is snuggly most of the time. When you are on the computer, he sits in your lap and purrs. At night, he is the kitty that jumps on your chest and curls up in a ball to fall asleep. In the morning, he is always asleep beside me. Ming snuggles with my son all the time, but he is NOT a lap kitty and he never jumps on you. He will lay next to you and purr as you pet him, he loves that! Kimba will sit in your lap while you are on the computer, once in a great while. He is young and too busy causing trouble to snuggle yet. We will see with him. When he is snuggly he is very snuggly, though. I love my boys!!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    follows me in the bathroom and walks round my shoulders continuing with purring.
    Shoulder cat! Limpet did that with my son all her life. Soon as he went to get up she'd recognise the signals and move from his lap up onto his shoulders. He'd just mosey around the house with her up there, lean-rubbing the back of his head and purring at him while he went about his daily life. She even achieved figure-eights while he was in motion He said she never got her claws down to his skin even when she had to use them on his clothes for a bit of a grip. And he had this beautiful little move for letting her know when he wanted her to get down. He'd just kind of dip his body slightly sideways and extend an arm, and she'd go. I really did love the way the two of them seemed to communicate with one another on some private wavelength.

She never really had a schedule for laps, but it was funny how she had specific cuddles for specific people. She rarely ever did the shoulder thing with me. With me if I went to get up, she would get down. But she had a cuddle for me too, especially at the computer: Sit on the lap, locate the right forearm, hang chin and one paw over it. Then she'd give a happy little sigh, fall asleep and gradually slip downwards until she fell off with a little clunk. Wake up, shake head, look narked, and repeat. Very dedicated about it. If my arm got tired and I started taking it away, she'd start putting herself back over it with just a smidgeon more paw and more chin every time. During some of our silent power-struggles she'd end up hanging her entire upper torso over my arm and clamping it down with her elbows, she was so grimly determined to teach me that's what that arm was for.

I said she didn't have a schedule but that doesn't mean she had no preference. She could detect when you needed to pee before you'd even notice it yourself, and she'd be on you and leaning on it before you could blink.
    Last edited by tokolosh; 08-07-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Groucho is a real love muffin. He'll jump up and snuggle shortly before I have to leave for work. When I get home, he greets me at the door and wants snuggle time as soon as I sit down. But my favorite time is when everything is done for the night and I settle in to watch tv. Groucho comes up, makes biscuits for awhile, then with his hind quarters on my leg he puts his head on my chest and his front paw on my shoulder like he's giving me a hug. He stays like that for quite a long time and often falls asleep in that position. This is my favorite time with him.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Not very often. Usually 3 AM. She's not a snuggle-bug.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Evenings, definitely, especially when we're watching TV on bed AND 4-5 a.m. every-day of the week

oh! and whenever it's raining..
    astrid