Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rude, rude, rude!!! I need to vent....

Rude, rude, rude!!! I need to vent....

I was walking into the vet to pick up some medicine for my cat Mollie Rose. A woman with her dog, in an elizabethan collar were ahead of me so I held the door for her. As I did, I looked at the dog, who was very cute, and said "Hi baby!!" The witch, without even looking at me, said in a very rude, scruffy manner, "Don't pet him!!"

I replied "Excuse me lady, but I don't pet strange animals without asking permission first AND only after the animal sniffs my hand, so get over yourself!!!

She didn't even thank me for holding the door!!!!!!

The dog was adorable but his human was nasty!!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Amazing, isn't it, how many (expletive deleted) rude people there are out there. I mean, maybe she was stressed out about the dog's condition and/or worried that he might bite, but there's more polite ways of communicating that.

I'm reminded of an incident that happened at my store during the Christmas season. When the checkout lanes get too backed up, all employees are expected to jump on a lane and help out, and this includes upper-level management as well. We all wear the same uniform, basically, so you can't tell what level the employees are just by appearance. So our store manager, a very nice young lady, was checking people out, and making small talk with a nicely dressed woman who was buying some mens sweaters. The lady mentioned that they were for her son at the University of Minnesota, and our manager said hey, I graduated from U of M too, it's a great school! The transaction was wrapping up at that point, and this lady looked at her with a really condescending expression, and said "and look what you're doing now......", took her package, and walked off without a goodbye, Merry Christmas, anything.
    That's the thanks we got for making sure she got through the checkout lines in a hurry. Our manager was spitting nails about that for a while!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

It's okay to vent here , Donna !! We are here to support each other , hey !! Feeling better now ?

Re: Rude, rude, rude!!! I need to vent....

Originally posted by moosmom
    I was walking into the vet to pick up some medicine for my cat Mollie Rose. A woman with her dog, in an elizabethan collar were ahead of me so I held the door for her. As I did, I looked at the dog, who was very cute, and said "Hi baby!!" The witch, without even looking at me, said in a very rude, scruffy manner, "Don't pet him!!"

I replied "Excuse me lady, but I don't pet strange animals without asking permission first AND only after the animal sniffs my hand, so get over yourself!!!

She didn't even thank me for holding the door!!!!!!

The dog was adorable but his human was nasty!!

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Sounds like just about every client in our office!! Believe me, those kind of people are just as nasty to us techs as they are to other people. That is the one main reason why I dislike my job-the nasty clients. They're all rich people from town, driving around in fancy expensive cars and complaining about their bills and treating us like we are their slaves.
    Man I could vent all day about this subject but I'll leave it at that...

Sorry you had to deal with such a nasty woman but kudos to you for sticking up for yourself!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Oh, Lut, if your little cartoon doesn't make everyone laugh - nothing will work. What fun!

I had a similar experience at Christmas time in the grocery store.
    I was waiting patiently with my cart as a pregnant woman was trying to get through. Another woman came out of the aisle and insisted I move my cart so she could get by. I explained I was waiting for the other woman. She kept saying EXCUSE ME -- LOUDER AND LOUDER.

I must have missed her coronation!!

Never a good excuse...

I just came from the Vet (and I love the staff, by the way)...as I was buying cat food only and not taking in a sick pet. I mentioned to the front desk person that it was so nice coming in just to pick up food and not with a sick pet. She sorta giggled, knowing that I am there quite often since I have 3 cats! Anyway folks, I just want everyone to remember how stressed out so many people are, for many different reasons and that often their venting goes on in public. I am usually a pleasant person in public, but I too have my moments of being UGLY. Today was a day when it was FUN being at the Vet, so I spoke very sweetly to the little girl and her Mom as they brought their cats out in carriers, after having visited the vet. On a day when I too was there with my pets, I doubt if I would have spent the time to speak with the little girl. Stressful situations can turn many people into monsters. Forgive us!

Last edited by sasvermont; 01-11-2003 at 11:51 AM.

Originally posted by gini

hahahaha

What an obnoxious sponge!People should be proud to share their furkids!and i agree with lut, vent all u want!

Oh gosh! I just HATE it when people are rude. I always go out of my way to be nice to people even when I'm having a bad day. In fact, I'm not speaking with one of my friends right now because he was treating our waiter at a restaurant like he was below him or something. It made me SO mad.

On the topic of rude people...
    A week or so before Christmas, some people were at my work looking at a dog named Ricky. When I came into the office, Ricky ran away from them and up to me. He jumped in my lap and was giving me kisses and wagging his tail so hard. The woman got VERY peeved that he was paying attention to me and I had to explain I spend a lot of time with the dogs and they know me well. A few minutes later she and her husband were complaining because we don't do same day adoptions. The husband said "But he'll be alone on Christmas!" and I told them that I would be there with the dogs. Then the woman said "Oh what an awful Christmas for them!" Sheesh, I don't see any reason to be that NASTY.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by gini
    Gini- Thanks for giving me my latest phrase! That is soooo perfect, I can't wait to use it...bring on the rudeness!!!

I hate it when people are rude.. I always get so upset that I can't think of anything to day. While working at my parent's hotel, we get all kinds of horrid people. Once, a woman staying in the hotel came to my office for pool towels (there is an RV park there too, and I worked in there). She says, "you know that man over in the other office? He is just so rude, I sure hope that he doesn't have any children because he's just awful." Well, that man is my dad, and all he did was ask her VERY young kids to stay out of the hot tub and ask her not to smoke in her non-smoking room. I would have loved to say something, but I was so angry I just stared. One time a guy came in the hotel office and asked for a bathroom, and we don't have one in the lobby just in the rooms. So my mom was about to explain to him where the public restrooms are, and he's like "You b**ch.. I'll never stay at this place" so my mom said "that's fine, we have lots of other people who would like to stay here" or something like that. Then he called her the same name again, and I said "hey excuse me don't talk to my mom like that she was only trying to help" and he says to me "I can't help it if your mom's a b**ch!" I was SO mad.. His wife even told him to knock it off. And those are only two very mild stories about working there.. I won't work there anymore because the people are so mean.

The dog may have been mean. She might have said it to protect you. I know if someone came over to my house and went to pet Chewy by the couch I would yell in probly a very rude voice DON'T PET HIM. I can kinda see, the dog may have been cute but that doesn't make it a nice dog. I mean, Chewy's a cutie .

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Thanks everyone. That's why I didn't hesitate to vent. And that cartoon Lut put in her post made me crack up!!!

I try to be nice to people, like hold the door, help out elderly people with their packages, woman with baby carriages, etc. Just like I'd like to be treated. But this woman was just plain nasty and miserable.

BTW, the dog, a miniture pit bull terrier was VERY friendly. When I was talking to him his butt was going a mile a minute with his stubby little tail wagging.

I get ugly sometimes too, but when I know I'm in that kind of mood, I just stay to myself. This way I don't hurt anyone's feelings.
    Last edited by moosmom; 01-11-2003 at 06:34 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You may have just encountered her at a bad moment. She may have just encountered someone else, moments before, who without asking tried to pet her dog, who then, because he was feeling out of sorts (they don't just wear those collars for fashion), snapped at that stranger, who then yelled at the owner. I have seen such things happen.

Maybe you will see her again some time, and have a more pleasant encounter with her AND her dog! I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, and certainly NOT take it personally!

Grr I hate it when people act like that!! I don't have a story to share, but I know I have had people been rude to me before. I'm always perky and nice to everyone, but some people are just...ugh! If someone's nasty to me, that becomes all I can think about.
    I was always taught to use my manners, hold the door for people, help the senior citizens across the street, etc. Some people just don't realize when you're doing something good for them.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa