Thread: how can my dog sense things

how can my dog sense things

Every morning an old man walks his dog my dog Rufus can sense them coming even when hes inside my house how do dogs do that some people say that sound travels through the ground but i need your opinoin!!!

Hilary ( `~Rufus My Dog~`)
    P.s the dog doesnt bark when they walk by

A dogs hearing is so much more sensitive than humans. That is why they can hear a silent whistle when we can't. Even though it sounds like nothing to us the dog can hear! Most dogs have this ability.

It is the same with their nose. SAR dogs are actually trained to locate bodies under water by scenting. I could never smell anything under water.

they just know.... LOL

I have two puppies in the house( 9 months old).. and I know what ya mean.. Dogs do have extra sensitive hearing and that may be part of it, but more than likely " its the timing"... Goofy as it sounds my puppies wake me up every morning between 6 am and 6: 15am.. they have been doing this for the past 4 months.. Everyday. ( even weekends. )
    They know when my husband is suppose to be home from work and get really irritated if he is late... at 5:30 pm they will get up and go sit by the back door. After a few minutes if he is not home they go to the front yard to watch for him..
    I have no idea how they know,but they do....
    This really has nothing to do with knowing when things are going to happen or when someone is gonna walk by or come home, but its interesting.... My puppies have been togeather every single minute, of every day since they were 5 weeks old.. On the moring of Sept 19, My little boy puppy, had a nosebleed.. which didnt really seem like a big deal at first... I took him ( alone for the first time) to the VET.. It turned out that he had ingested something that had poisoned his system. and was highly TOXIC to him.. I cryed like a baby all the way to the vet. I cryed while in the vets office, and it turned out that the vet had to Tranqulize him to keep his heart rate down, which in turn slowed the blood flow, which in turn slowed the blood lose. The vet had to keep him that day and over night... Not sure if he was going to live or not because at this time we did not know what the problem was... Anyhow I can home ALONE that morning.. I cryed all the way home and when I got home the other puppy was waiting anxiously at the back door.. She looked at me, She looked at the door, looked at me... looked at the door... SHE WAS HEARTBROKEN... She knew that something was wrong. She laid around all day with me. ( both of us crying).. And when the other puppy came home later that week. she was not her normal PLAYFUL self ... She was Easy with him.. Sensing that he was sick and not able to play... ITS AMAZING... they just know...