Thread: frisky little boy

frisky little boy

Rock is getting more and more friskier as he gets older last night dh was playing with him and he was getting pretty rough ok...he bit way too hard and drew blood in dh's hand....so he stopped to tell Rock NO but Rocky just kept at it and bit him again
    what do you do with this kind of behavior? we have a squirt bottle but by the time I went in the kitchen to get it it would have already been too late to squirt ya know..I know you are suppose to catch them in the act to do it so well,,,,do any of you kitties gt frisky and bite harder than they should and just continue to bite anyway? we put him in another room for a few minutes after he did this and he didn't do it again after that....he acted like it made him mad but at least he stopped.he got over it eventually because he jumped up on the bed and curled up right by my head purring away Gotta love em but he really gets so onrey(sp?) sometimes...how bout yours??

Wife to Steve and Mother to:
    Samuel Thomas 8/31/96 Amber Nicole 3/9/98
    Elizabeth Rose 12/14/99 Shalee Robyn 6/24/92
    Rocky 6/02
    Fluffy 11/02

Sometimes kitties will get a little too rough! I usually grab them with the other hand (the one not being attacked...haha) by the nap/scruff of the neck and give them a gentle shake from side to side while saying "NO"! Mother cats and dogs do this to their young ... so it won't hurt him ... but hopefully he will get the message! If not, just keep putting him in another room ... so he'll associate seclusion with misbehavior! GOOD LUCK!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

FAwn, my part Abyssinian used to be rough with my hands like that. However, over the past few months he has really calmed down whenever I play with him. What Kim has posted is probably one of the best ways to deal with the problem. Kittens and younger cats do not realize how sharp and dangerous their claws are, and sometimes need to be repeatedly reminded of that fact - until they get older.

.............wayne

At the point when the kitten becomes too rough, you can also blow a puff of air into his face to distract him/her then you should walk away. The kitten will see that the rough play makes you ignore them.

Also, keeping a toy around and replacing your hand with the toy will also show the kitten that rough play will not involve your hand.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I agree with Russian Blue, at least this is what I do and it works.