Thread: how do people make their flashing avatars and sigs?

how do people make their flashing avatars and sigs?

I was wondering if people had a particular program they used to make those flashing avatars and signatures. I have photoshop on my machine, but I don't know how to use it at all!!!!! Will that program do it? I would really like to make a sig and avatar that showed pictures of all three of my kitties!

Thanks!

I can do it for you if you want. I use Photoshop to make the pics snazzy and then Animation Factory to make the animation. Just send me the pics and I will do it for you.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I use Jasc Animation Shop 3 to make my Animations, and Jasc Paint shop Pro 7 to make my unanimated grpahics.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    I can do it for you if you want. I use Photoshop to make the pics snazzy and then Animation Factory to make the animation. Just send me the pics and I will do it for you.
    I really appreciate the offer, but I would like to learn how to do it myself so I can change it whenever I like and update it and stuff like that. But thanks so much for offering.. that's so sweet!!

Are these programs free downloads or do I have to purchase them? Thanks for the replies - any more suggestions would be great!

I personally use Photoshop 5,5 to make the GIFs and then GIFAnimator to animate it. GIFAnimator is a free download and easy to use.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Originally posted by Nomilynn

I really appreciate the offer, but I would like to learn how to do it myself so I can change it whenever I like and update it and stuff like that. But thanks so much for offering.. that's so sweet!!

Are these programs free downloads or do I have to purchase them? Thanks for the replies - any more suggestions would be great!
    If you PM me I can walk you through it step by step if you like and let you know how to aquire the software.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by The Cat Factory
    I use Jasc Animation Shop 3 to make my Animations, and Jasc Paint shop Pro 7 to make my unanimated grpahics.
    HA ahahaha, that is what I meant! Animation Shop, Photoshop and PSP. As you can see my sig was made in both PSP using the blinds effect and also Photoshop for my cute little stars.

I love animation Shop because the images do not have to be in gif format for them to be animated, unlike GIF Construction Set. It automatically does that for you and saves you time having to convert your images from JPG's to GIF's.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by Ann
    I personally use Photoshop 5,5 to make the GIFs and then GIFAnimator to animate it. GIFAnimator is a free download and easy to use.
    OOH OOH Whats the link. I also have been wondering how to animate the pictures

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Mrs

I am trying to learn to use avatars. I hope that my friend Maggie will show up by my name--the photo files are always too big. Any suggestions?

I resize my photos with my HP Image Editor and then I use the Gif Construction Set Professional. I was able to download it for free but I haven't registered it. They want about $20.00 to register it. I only know the basics about it.