Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cop kills family dog in front of family!

Cop kills family dog in front of family!

I saw this interview two nights ago on Connie Chung. This family, traveling with their two dogs, was mistakenly pulled over. What happens next is just awful! Oh I hope this cop rots in you know where!!! I don't think there have been too many stories recently that have made me this mad! I saw the video last night on Connie Chung and the dog was wagging his tail, NOT attacking!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/08/pol...dog/index.html

Pam, Ann posted the article as well on the General board.

How horrible! Pretty sure nothing will happen to the officer. It makes my heart sink to picture him shotting Patton right infront of his family. Sick, sick sick!

I read this earlier today and was totally appalled. An investigation is under way to find out why this happened.

I don't believe an investigation needs to be done. Sounded to me like the cop was on a power trip. The family had asked him to shut the door to the car so the dogs couldn't get loose. What was so hard about that? Instead the dog got out and ended up dead??

This is the first I've heard about it and I debated reading the story, but I did and now I'm SO P'Oed and sad and depressed and angry I could just spit fire Aw, Geez...that poor family. My heart is just breaking for them. I feel like crying right in the middle of the office. I can feel their pain I hope the cop gets more than a slap on the wrist OMG!! sad, sad, sad

Did you watch either of the videos?

OMG That police officer had no right to shoot that dog like he did!!! He didn't even try to stop the dog, just shot him, that it...end of story. I can't even try to imagine how that family feels.
    And to be arrested like that just becasue someone seen a wallet fall off the top of a car? Why would you think that anyone was being robbed or car jacked? Wouldn't they have "took" the wallet??? I think they are all a bunch of idiots

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I cannot speak... I'm in total shock and anger at that officers STUPIDITY!!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Karen, they have a video from the police cruiser. It's bad so it's up to you whether you watch it. The dog is smaller than mine and was wagging his tail. He wasn't aggressive and the cops would not listen to the family as they begged them to close the door so the dog wouldn't get out (they were on the side of a highway).

I watched the video and the people here at work flipped out. I'm glad the news zoomed in on the cop when the shot was fired as some of the reports said that the dog was decapiated from the shotgun blast at close range.

It's a shame because all of this went down on the first of the new year and the family, kids included, had to watch this happen and were handcuffed and could do nothing. A pat on the head and sorry about the incorrect stop and killing your dog isn't enough.

I am crying my eyes out right now. How could he have done it. They would have had to shoot me for coming after them if they killed my dog......
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

That makes me sick to my stomach. How could someone be so heartless??? I hope justice is, in some way, brought to that police officer. He had no right to shoot that poor dog!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I can't believe you have to pay money to see the money!

I saw the other, don't think I am going to pay money to see a cop shoot a dog. Once was enough for me.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

the officer killed a living being, he should definitly get pressed with charges. this is so sick and awful!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Originally posted by luckies4me
    I can't believe you have to pay money to see the money!

pay money to see the money?

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I shared this at another board I frequent and they are fuming.

They are writing the police station and mayor.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

We all should do that! How do you go about getting their adresses? Mind posting? I am sure there are a few people here who want a word with them, me included!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by primabella

pay money to see the money?
    oops! hehee
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major