Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble

Double Trouble

Graemer and Gabe checking out the holiday addition. I hope (operative word) to decorate the tree today. I shall photo the end result and modify this post. It shall be the BEFORE AND AFTER... wish me luck!

I can see by Graemer's body language that we will have some interesting after, and after and once again after pictures. But hey think of all the great pictures you will get. (I'd like to see Graemer in a Santa hat ) I'm going to try and get one on one of my two (or not).

Hehehe. Isn't it the problem in winter that the days are dark and boring. Rent-an-Aby to change that!
    6 year old Filou swept through the apartment today after his favorite toy -a piece of red rope- that you could feel the wind....

You are braver than I!

Oh my I can hardly wait to see the "after." My tree used to (past tense - I no longer even attempt to have one) look lovely on Day One. Then once Andy discovered it, I had to keep moving the ornaments and lights higher up. By New Year's Eve only the upper half of the tree was decorated and that still didn't stop him. Trevor just enjoyed sitting underneath and piling up zzzzz's. They are all so different. Wonder what Miley was up to while the boys were exploring.

SAS saw the pictures you posted in another thread. Your tree and ornaments are beautiful.....but Graemer in particular looks like he is reconoitering, planning the best route for attacking....Gabe I'd be more inclined to trust.... Those ornaments are just begging to be pulled. Can you lock them out when not supervised. We are not putting our tree up till next Friday... we'll see how it goes for you.

Layers...

I have the soft items on the bottom....and I tried to cover many of the light bulbs with plastic covers that look like chilli peppers...to avoid hearing the crunching as Graemer chews on the lights. So far so good. They were good last year, and it seems as though they have all lost interest. Time will tell. I suspect each day I will find an ornament or two on the floor. It is just too tempting for them to be perfectly behaved.

Gabe trying to get under the tree!

I am, once again, sans tree. It is not only too much work, but, too much stress to keep the BAD TWINS away from it. Allie and Dakky can't leave well enough alone.

But, it is still an issue...because they 'knaw' at every single wrapping I make up! I know my mom doesn't care that the bows are completely eaten, slobbered on, torn up..but, others care! I can't wrap a single gift without Allie or Dakky or Tex eating away at the package. By the time I give the gift, it has been given the once over by everyone!!! HELP!!!

Gorgeous tree!!! Gotta love the kitty in the middle too..hehe!

Cataholic.... I know what you mean about the torn pressies.... I quit putting bows on mine a few years ago ... that helps deter them some anyway!!!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

EEK! tree! Bastet would have a field day! I am sans tree too this year. Last year we had an incident with tinsel *shudder*. I just set up a nice little wreath and some red balls and a couple of unlit candles - at least she ignores that!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

MY CATS ARE BEHAVING !!!!

Woohoo , I had never expected this ! They cannot leave anything alone , so I feared the worse ...!
    But no , SURPRISE , the only thing they do is mess up the cloth under the tree ..! Great , hey !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cute tree, Lut ... I love the shape! GOOD KITTIES TOO!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Re: Layers...

Originally posted by sasvermont
    ...to avoid hearing the crunching as Graemer chews on the lights.
    I think this is the first time I've ever heard of kitties chewing glass! We had a boy kitty, when I was a kid, who liked to chew on electrical cords (must have thought he was a rodent), but not on Xmas lights! I love the picture of the kitties smelling the tree - brings back fond memories of all the Christmases I had with real trees and kitties.

By the way, how's the tree holding up?
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Nosy? Who? Me?

Originally posted by Vio&Juni
    Nosy? Who? Me?
    If I'm clever I can hit the speakers and the tree

I am sure I can smell catnip ...

A kitty being nosy ... NEVER
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."