Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: german shep puppies?

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    A good deal of the people on the boards got there purebreds from breed rescues or shelters while others got them from breeders. I personally have three dogs, a mutt and two purebreeds the purebreeds however are both rescues who have issues.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

There are people on this board, as was just stated, both with purebreds from shelters, breed rescue places and from breeders. Dogs that are bred responsibly are first checked for tendancies toward hip displaysia and other problems. They are screened by veterinarians. This is not something done casually.

No one would wish to eliminate all "breeds" and breeders, but we all wish that there were not sheleters full of dogs and puppies without homes, and that millions of dogs weren't euthanized each year for that same reason.

Your original post asked if the pups would be considered purebred. The answer is simple. No.

i have a sheltie that i recently bought from a very reputable breeder. i wish i could adopt but my dad only agreed to get a small dog and the only ones at the shelter were GSD's and big mixes. we wanted a sheltie and so bought one from a litter.

once i get older, i know i'm going to have at least 2 dogs and i'm going to want them to be from the shelter, but for my first dog ever, my dad wanted us to make sure we knew what we were getting (purbred) and to have it from a pup so we could go through all the steps with him.

that's my reason for having a purebred from a shelter and that's all.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

i currently have a pomarainan that i got from the shelter. a border collie i bought from a breeder,a german shepherd mix that i got for a christmas presant, and one of the border collie pups.

now my border collie is ckc registered. she has been in my local agility. and other things like that. now please understand that i will not breed any breed of dog that is very comon like labs,begles,dalmations,chihuahuas...etc....

ok i will not breed her. you all are just making too much sense

problem solved. thanks to all those who helped me.
    Last edited by lexie; 01-04-2003 at 01:46 PM.
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

if you have a dog in need of a home let me know. i may take it.

thanks you are doing her a favor as well by spaying her. (you will be spaying her right?)
    hope you didn't take it personally or anything. i know i didn't mean anything bad by my post. just had to clear some things up now...do you have any pics? i love poms, sheps and especially..border collies

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    a CKC registered border collie? just wondering if you mean Candian Kennel Club becasuse the CKC doesn't accept border collies to be registered.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

i won't be able to spay her for another 2 months. i'll see what i can do for pics.
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

if you have a dog in need of a home let me know. i may take it.

Good for you for spaying her in 2 months.
    I will not even put my 2 cents in, since everybody
    else did. lol
    I never hesitated in spaying and neutering my pure
    breed dogs.
    I think their is a need for "reputable breeders",
    and I will leave the breeding to them and not
    become a BYB. : )

----<---<--<{(@

Why would you intentionally breed mutts?

She has decided not to breed. Thank you, Lexie, from all the unwanted doggies who might now get homes!

Originally posted by lexie
    i currently have a pomarainan that i got from the shelter. a border collie i bought from a breeder,a german shepherd mix that i got for a christmas presant, and one of the border collie pups.

now my border collie is ckc registered. she has been in my local agility. and other things like that. now please understand that i will not breed any breed of dog that is very comon like labs,begles,dalmations,chihuahuas...etc....

ok i will not breed her. you all are just making too much sense

problem solved. thanks to all those who helped me.
    I'm glad you decided not to breed her! Please let us know how it goes with her spay, and we'd love to see some pics of all of your dogs!

p.s. you said you would not breed any breed of dog that is common.......german shepards and shepard mixes really are *very* common. Well, at least from the few times I've visited the shelters just around here, most of the dogs were either german shepard, pit bull, rottweiler, or lab mixes.

Lexie, no, the pups will not be purebred. One of her parents was prably German Shepherd Dog, and the other parent was Malamute. So, she is not purebred eathier. I would not breed her if I were you!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thanks you so much for not breeding her! You made a wonderful choice!

SkyeGSD, is that your dog in that picture on your website?? He is beautiful!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Glad u decided not to breed your shepherd...i was going to breed shelties but decided not to(2-3yrs ago) then i found out about puppy mills and the shelters having to put down lots of dogs every year and decided to do a small "Rescue"......

Believ it or not I got my AKC Border Collie free to a good home!!She came with papers and every thing and has been lots of fun!!Very glad I found her..Well I say for free,but including the gass money from Texarkana to Nachadoshis (glad I have a loving father) but she is lots of fun.....

-Kay-

FCRDCC
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCA(Future Cledus's of America)
    FTC(Future Twister Chaser)
    FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)
    FFA(Future Farmers of America)

Originally posted by lexie

now my border collie is ckc registered.
    When were you able to register your border collie? i have a magazine thats dated 2000 and it says border collies were still unable to be registered in canada. either way, im glad they r registerable here finally. they've been in canada for such a long time, you would think they would clue in and recognise them lol
    I've been BOO'd!