Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: german shep puppies?

german shep puppies?

i have a female dog that is 80%german shepherd and 20% malamute. looks just like a german shepherd. you can't even tell there's malamute in her. i want to breed her. i know an akc registered male german shepherd that wants to breed with her. she is getting ready to go into her third heat. if i breed her will the pups be german shepherd? or atleast look just like a shep.
    Last edited by lexie; 01-03-2003 at 01:24 PM.
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

if you have a dog in need of a home let me know. i may take it.

Lexie, please don't breed her, there are too many needy animals being killed in shelters everyday, they don't need anymore competition.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

but would they be pruebreed? i have bred a litter before from another dog. (border collie) i currently have one of her pups back. if the owner could no longer care for the animal. i will take it back. does that not help?
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

They would not be considered purebred. Both parents have to be purebred for the pups to be. Why do you breed her?

I'm just very interested in rescue. I wish there would be a moratorium on any breeding for a period of 5 years and get some of these unwanted animals adopted. And make it REALLY hard on anyone who broke the law. It helps to take them back, but, if you didn't have a litter, maybe the people who took a pup would have gone to the shelter to get a dog instead. Just my 2 cents. I'd be interested in knowing why you breed them also.

DON'T BREED HER, IF PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING PUREBRED LOOKING PUPS, IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT THE MALUMATE IN HER COULD COME OUT IN HER PUP..

I RECCOMEND GETTING HER SPAYED
    PROUDLY OWNED BY LONNIE, GIRLIE, AMY, GUINESS, AND LOGAN-BLUE

r.i.p dorothy the mouse

What is your bitchs OFA rating? I wouldn't dare breed a dog without an OFA rating, that is very irresponsible
    If you breed your bitch it will put you in the same category as a backyard breeder.

If you are interested in breeding, save up your money, research a reputable breeder, find a mentor and get all the necessary health clearences done on your dog and TITLE it!!!
    Because not every dog is worthy of being bred, even most "purebreds".
    Sheila Morgan
    Sher-She German Shepherds and handling
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/skyegsd

EVERY dog is worthy of whatever it is. I, however, don't believe at this time, ANY dog should be bred, for ANY reason when there are thousands of unwanted animals. And, I believe that mutts are the best dogs out there anyway since they do not have the genetic defects that many "pure" breeds have since the defects are recessive genes, so are not passed on with a mixed breed. Also, mixed breeds are most often much prettier.

The dog is not a purebred, and just because the dog *looks* like a german shepard there's no way to tell what the puppies will look like. It's very possible the malamute in her would come out in some of the pups.

Besides, even if she WAS purebred, that is no reason to breed her! Even if she was AKC there is *still* no reason to breed her!

I'm sorry, not trying to sound rude......but too many people breed dogs for entirely wrong reasons. There's enough dogs in this world...

Please give your dog the love she deserves by having her spayed. She will be a nicer dog, and it will help prevent health problems.

Originally posted by mugsy
    EVERY dog is worthy of whatever it is. I, however, don't believe at this time, ANY dog should be bred, for ANY reason when there are thousands of unwanted animals. And, I believe that mutts are the best dogs out there anyway since they do not have the genetic defects that many "pure" breeds have since the defects are recessive genes, so are not passed on with a mixed breed. Also, mixed breeds are most often much prettier.
    I love mutts too, but I also love purebreds. I'm sorry, but I'm glad we have dog breeds and people who continue to preserve the breeds. There is a need for RESPONSIBLE breeders to continue to keep the many dog breeds around. If there were not such a variety in dog breeds, there would not be much of a variety in mutts either. Just think...picture a chihuahua and then a great dane...that variety in a species did not happen on its own. I think its amazing to see some of the breeds, such as sighthounds, and know they have looked like this for so many years...its like looking into the past.

BUT, if you read my post above, I'm aware that there are way too many homeless dogs and way to many irresponsible people breeding them....

I agree with the above post!

Think of this, if there were not "Breeders" or "dog breeds" you would have no police dogs, herding dogs, sight hounds, hunting dogs etc. These traits were specifically bred for and preserved through selective breeding based on these traits. The dogs with bad temperament are not good candidates for breeding, that is where titling comes into place to prove the dogs "breed worthy".

Without dog breeds or breeders there would have been no search and rescue team in NYC on 9/11....

I commend responsible, ethical breeders! As they put everything they have into what they produce. There is a GREAT deal of money invested in titling and health certifying a dog. Whether it be paying handling fees, show expenses, travelling across the country to trial your dog, or shipping a dog off to Germany for their SchH titles etc. Most of my dog friends have a litter once every few years IF they're lucky. I'm not saying mixes can't "work" by any means, but the majority of dogs do the job a lot more effectively/consistantly when that trait has been specifically bred for.
    Sheila Morgan
    Sher-She German Shepherds and handling
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/skyegsd

DO NOT BREED HER!!!! The pupies will NOT be pur bred! THere are enough unwanted animals in this world!!! You are breding for the wrong resons! Anyone who breeds should only breed to preserve the breed! I don't understand backyard breeders, why do they breed there mutts to make more mutts? Not saying mutts are bad as I haev a very adorable oen named Chewy. But you need to spay your dog, there is no reson what so ever for you to be breeding her!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I agree!!

I agree with most of yall don't breed her. If you do so of the dogs might not be sold and you might not have enough room in your house to keep all of them. Now I 'm not pround of my friend for this and i grip at him for it all the time but if his step dad dosen't like the animals that they get they go and dump them to starve and about 1/2 out of all the dogs they didn't this to get picked up or saved. I rescued a golden reteiver who was dumped (woofy is his name). And also if you breed some times people get dogs to beat and abuse. Ex: remeber that guy in oklahome that cot a dog on fire and throw it out the window. well i think i have talked enough.

Alonna

ok it makes sense. but can i ask where you get your purebreed dogs. i realized that one of you has a husky. did you get that from a breeder? alot of you also talk about on other boards about getting malteeses,labs,and not too long ago a person got sheltie. are these people getting their dogs from breeders?

just thought i might ask.i'm not trying to be rude.

Originally posted by lexie
    ok it makes sense. but can i ask where you get your purebreed dogs. i realized that one of you has a husky. did you get that from a breeder? alot of you also talk about on other boards about getting malteeses,labs,and not too long ago a person got sheltie. are these people getting their dogs from breeders?

just thought i might ask.i'm not trying to be rude.
    All of my dogs are purebred. And no, they are not AKC high standard purebreds either. They were all the last of the litters that nobody wanted...the older puppies, that I'm sure if they weren't sold soon, they would end up at a shelter. If you read *my* post I am not condemming *all* breeders........I, personally, just don't see that *you* have any reason to breed your dog and I think it's a bad idea.