Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New cat

Cats sometimes eat with their paws, sometimes they try to dig up the water. They drive with their paws in the water and spray fly in all directions. This is all very individual, but it skips in cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Gleason View Post
    Fixed spelling. Can you edit on this board?
    Yes, look in the bottom right corner of what you have posted. There's an edit button there, next to the "Reply with Quote" button.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes, look in the bottom right corner of what you have posted. There's an edit button there, next to the "Reply with Quote" button.
    Don't see it.

I know you don't see moderation tools, and you will only see "Edit" available on your own posts ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I know you don't see moderation tools, and you will only see "Edit" available on your own posts ...
    Nothing there.

Only submit and preview on right side

And

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

On the other.

Oh, Edit is only available AFTER you have submitted your post. And you will only see it on your own posts, of course!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Burton View Post
    Cats sometimes eat with their paws, sometimes they try to dig up the water. They drive with their paws in the water and spray fly in all directions. This is all very individual, but it skips in cats.
    but there are cats who drink by their paws. they've put their paws in the water and lick it after. I think it is funny to watch since my cats do that. I don't know why

Kitty Face update

I have renamed my cat, from "Kitty Face" to "Mr Destruction"

So how are things going so far, Jim? "Mr Destruction" now?

I've known (in fact, been owned by) cats who might eat wet food by scooping it up with their paws. And bat the water surface with a paw. In fact, my current cat Tinker does that!

Thanks again, Jim, for giving "Mr Destruction", a.k.a. "Kitty Face" a wonderful home. (You and he will work everything out, don't worry!)

Pat and Tinker and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    So how are things going so far, Jim? "Mr Destruction" now?

I've known (in fact, been owned by) cats who might eat wet food by scooping it up with their paws. And bat the water surface with a paw. In fact, my current cat Tinker does that!

Thanks again, Jim, for giving "Mr Destruction", a.k.a. "Kitty Face" a wonderful home. (You and he will work everything out, don't worry!)

Pat and Tinker and Sparkler
    It's been frustrating. I feel bad that I don't let him in my room where I am most the time.

The other day he's sitting on my desk and he decides to push my full cup of coffee in my lap.

I keep telling him that I would enjoy you coming in to visit. But, every time you come in it's a disaster.

I got a story that may be related.

I have a defibrillator/pacemaker and a heart monitor on my shelf. The cat has pushed it off the shelf and causes it to reboot.

I'm guessing and hoping this is the problem.

The doctor calls me last week. "You must come in tomorrow morning. The monitor is telling us you have a problem. They asked if I felt anything different. I said "no" he was surprised. We talked some more and I told him I already have an appointment January 7th. He finally gave in and made me promise to come in January. I did even if I'm on a stretcher.

I think it was a ploy to get me to come in. I am a postponer. They want to see me every three months. I haven't been there since July 2019. I sweet talk the appointment maker not to hold my prescription hostage. Since covid its been easy to postpone.

My last heart attack was 2009. Had 6 heart related surgeries.

Here's where the cat comes in.

Thursday afternoon I get another call from the doctor. Got to come in got another reading from the monitor. You must come it. We will do a blood test and check your kidneys and discuss your options. Again we agreed to wait till the 7th and points out that I haven't been there since 2019. I told him the cat has been pushing the monitor to the floor and it reboots. Could that be causing the bad readings? He said he didn't know.

On the second call they told me what they are aiming at, Afib.

First call they were surprised I didn't feel it.

I'm thinking, if it was so important they would stress I come in now instead of letting me slide till the 7th.

That it was a ploy to get me in.

That the cat pushing the monitor to the floor shook up the reading.

So here I sit. I have given instructions to Mr Destruction on what to do if I become incapacitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Gleason View Post
    So here I sit. I have given instructions to Mr Destruction on what to do if I become incapacitated.
    That last line made me smile.

But you - and your heart - will be in our prayers!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, you and your heart, and Mr. Destruction, are in mine, too. Take care!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Update

Today I bought Mr. Destruction his Christmas presents.

I hope he likes them and keeps him busy.

I bought,

Floppy Fish

And a self-propelled plastic ball with a motor. It rolls around and if it hits something it changes direction. I thought this would be fun for him because he likes the balls when I roll them. But once he catches it it no longer rolls. He walks away I figure when he catches it and it rolls again he will chase it again.

I know he will love the floppy fish. It's just a matter how long it lasts.

Please don't tell Mr. Destruction about these gifts. I want to see the look on his face.

I have given him instructions not to bite Santa Claus when he arrives.

Hi Jim.

Have you had Mr. Destruction in for a vet checkup? If money is an issue - as it is for many - would the vet take payments? Any family or friends that might help?

If he's not neutered then that surgery might make him less aggressive. However, he knew what a litterbox was, so maybe he had owners before and they had him neutered.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Those sound like great presents! Please let us know how Mr. Destruction likes them after Santa delivers them.

Good idea from Candace about a vet checkup and finding out whether he's been neutered. If he hasn't been, he should be!

Best wishes to you both!

Death thought about it.