Thread: Marigold and her Kittens

Marigold and her Kittens

Dear Karen, how are Marigold and the kittens these days? Have the kittens all gone to their new Purrrmanent Furrrever homes by now?

All the best to all, and the happiest New Year ever!

Sparkler and Tinker and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

All the kittens are rgeiving in their new home, all their new purrents are totally smitten. Even Wee Little, who lives with her human Dad and a rough collie in a small house, not a farm, has proven herself a capable hunter. She has gone through her first heat, and he is scheduling her spay. She is from the March litter, her sister Sunflower stayed here, as she was the runt and needed help being born, so stole Kermit's heart. Sunflower is now in heat herself, and having always been a vocal girl, we sure know it! She is still on the petit side, so probably always will be.

Prince Kimchi Freddy Frankie keeps adding new names, and though his human (the lady who owns the farm where he lives) has never been an "animal person" she says, has been wo over by both his mouse-killing prowess and his utter charm.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, that so nice, all the new purrrents totally smitten! I can just picture the kitties in their new homes and situations, from your descriptions. Their names are delightful! How old are they now? Do you have pictures?

That's so sweet, Prince Kimchi Freddy Frankie turning his new Mom into an "animal person."

Will you have Sunflower and Marigold spayed now?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, that so nice, all the new purrrents totally smitten! I can just picture the kitties in their new homes and situations, from your descriptions. Their names are delightful! How old are they now? Do you have pictures?

That's so sweet, Prince Kimchi Freddy Frankie turning his new Mom into an "animal person."

Will you have Sunflower and Marigold spayed now?
    I do not have any pictures of Prince, Bengie (Sven Bengal), or Wee Little, just loving descriptions from their purrents!

There are other people already lining up to adopt Marigold's next litter - everyone with a farm needs a good mouser! Plus she has completely beautiful kittens! We are discussing spaying Sunflower, but no appointment has been made yet.
    I've Been Frosted

Is that wise, though, breeding Marigold like that? All kittens are completely beautiful!!! And surely there are already plenty of kittens and cats around for people who want them as farm cats for rodent control.

Here are 166 cats and kittens I just found near Windham VT:
    https://adoptapet.com/pet-search?cla...,%20vt&page=1#

Sadly, MILLIONS of kittens are born, cats killed because there aren't homes for them. Why not help find homes for ones already born, rather than add to the number?
    Death thought about it.

Pat, you know I know that. Not for nothing we have had this site going for so many years, and I always have promoted spaying and neutering. People are, because of COVID, sticking close to home, even Brattleboro seems too farad too risky. Plus I am not the only one involved in this decision. And you and I know, not every cat is a good mouser! Marigold is - and trains her progeny impressively!

I know the statistics, and am always torn about this. But I am not the one(s) that need convincing.
    I've Been Frosted