Thread: Switched from Nutro to Royal Canin

Switched from Nutro to Royal Canin

Last week, we decided to switch the cats food from Nutro to Royal Canin. I decided to switch because even though the food was of high quality, Noah kept throwing up...

So, we are now feeding them a mixture of Special and Indoor Royal Canin foods. They all love it! The crunchies are smaller (so Basil doesn't choke anymore! ) than Nutro too. The Special is for cats with sensitive tummies and the Indoor is formulated specifically for indoor cats....hairball, litter box odor, weight management. That was the main reason we swiched, there were so many types that we could mix.

Does anyone else use Royal Canin?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Nakita was on a mixture of Royal Canin/IAMS/Genesis from the breeder. We have kept her on Royal Canin, and she likes it. Plus, this brand has a good variety for special need cats. To get more water in her system, every morning I mix Royal Canin with water so she has a broth.

I'm always on the search for a better cat food and I've been trying to educate myself on all the ingredients. Recently I was looking at Innova, which is suppose to be the most natural food and is "suppose" to be excellent for sensitive stomachs.

Their website is convincing but I'm still researching. Here's their website as a comparison:

Innova

Nakita will remain on Royal Canin for now.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

That's another reason I chose Royal Canin...they only use Tyson chicken breasts in their food. And....they are the only cat food to be certified as a "High Quality" product.

I've heard of Innova...I'll go check out that site.

Checked it out...Innova sounds really good, I wonder how much it costs. I also liked the California Natural....

Yes, I do! Ebby has been on the Royal Canin Fit32 since I had her. ( I am having to mix it with go cat at the moment...it`s a long story..) Anyway, next pension pay time I plan to put her on the Royal Canin Indoors. I wondered what it was like, and now I know!! Thanks.

(Oh, I also give her one meal of wet food a day too, Whiskas pouches)

Royal Canin Rocks!

We started our guys on RC after Bouncer had a round with a nasty infection and bladder stones. They all love it! Plus I think the litter box has less stinky stuff and no yucky stuff as well (such technical terms... )We mix the indoor formula with the weight control.

Another reason we switched to a food for sensitive tummies was because of Basil. He passes gas all the time....we were worried for him, but in the last week, I haven't noticed him do it at all...

I am feeding mine Nutro Max. They were on Authority before.

Uh?

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    Another reason we switched to a food for sensitive tummies was because of Basil. He passes gas all the time....we were worried for him, but in the last week, I haven't noticed him do it at all...

LOL kitties passing gas, I have never seen, heard or smelt it!

My herd is fed by Royal Canin. Fit 32 for the adults, little Pericot has got Kitten 32, for kittens from 2 up to 4 month old. Now he is 4 month he will get Kitten 34 , for kitties from 4 up to 1 year old. Just got one bag today I hope he'll like it since is a bag of 10 kg.

It's a high quality food. They are all happy, healthy cats in good shape. Plus they like it. So I don't feel the need to look further.

At ramdom they have canned food, fresh meat or treads to add a little fun.
    Last edited by koxka; 01-02-2003 at 05:10 PM.