Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113163203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers are on the way for Dick and you, Karen, and Donna and Sue, and that the situation with your dogs and the neighbor can be resolved satisfactorily. And that Dick's cat is all right!

That's so good that Norm checked on Dick and got him the help he needed, and that you were able to help Donna!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

2. A neighbors rottweiler would visit us form time to time. the first time it was quite upsetting cuz for one it was totally out of the blue an a surprise to both me an the dog to happen upon each other. also she did NOT look the least bit friendly but instead she had that look dogs often display when theyve been caught doing something they know theyre not supposed to be doing. i knew staring a dog in the eyes was a no no an it was best not to forwardly approach a stranger dog so i averted my gaze an walked slowly sideways away from her keeping her in my peripheral vision. after a few steps she ran over to me an leaned against my leg an put her head right under my hand for a good ear scratching. after that her an i were fine with each other an i enjoyed her visits. but if we were not in my wide open field i (or the dog) may of felt trapped an even more unsure of each other an lemmie tell you; the last thing i cared about is what color(s) the dog was. for me it was totally the popup surprise situation an size of the dog.

perhaps try an invite your neighbor over for lunch an show him that your dog is friendly?

i have your dog an both neighbors an pets in my prayers

This is Elyse. I can't go into too much detail here but this is my request. A friend found out she had cancer and had surgery this past week. Turns out she will need another, much more extensive surgery as soon as possible. So if you would say a prayer for my friend K, I would be very grateful. Thank you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    This is Elyse. I can't go into too much detail here but this is my request. A friend found out she had cancer and had surgery this past week. Turns out she will need another, much more extensive surgery as soon as possible. So if you would say a prayer for my friend K, I would be very grateful. Thank you!
    Prayers on the way.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers for your friend K, Elyse. May her treatment go well.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    A neighbors rottweiler would visit us form time to time. the first time it was quite upsetting cuz for one it was totally out of the blue an a surprise to both me an the dog to happen upon each other. also she did NOT look the least bit friendly but instead she had that look dogs often display when theyve been caught doing something they know theyre not supposed to be doing. i knew staring a dog in the eyes was a no no an it was best not to forwardly approach a stranger dog so i averted my gaze an walked slowly sideways away from her keeping her in my peripheral vision. after a few steps she ran over to me an leaned against my leg an put her head right under my hand for a good ear scratching. after that her an i were fine with each other an i enjoyed her visits. but if we were not in my wide open field i (or the dog) may of felt trapped an even more unsure of each other an lemmie tell you; the last thing i cared about is what color(s) the dog was. for me it was totally the popup surprise situation an size of the dog.

perhaps try an invite your neighbor over for lunch an show him that your dog is friendly?

i have your dog an both neighbors an pets in my prayers
    That's such a nice story about the neighbor's dog. You did just the right thing. Does she still visit?

Death thought about it.

-

Ohh, dear mate - I hope you get weel soon
    im working from home, and 80 of PR are doing the same

Hope you see some CS when you not sleeping.

My condolences and I wish your friend a speedy recovery. Oncology is terrible and very unpredictable. There are seemingly simple cases, but a person suffers for more than one year and cannot be cured.

My friend’s second surgery went very smoothly and she’s home.

I took another big fall last Saturday and had surgery for a broken left tibia, and hardware changes for my poorly healed left femur fracture from ‘16. So “I iz borked” again.

Good grief, Elyse! More prayers on the way for you! I hope it heals up well.

I'm glad your friend's surgery went well.

Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    That's such a nice story about the neighbor's dog. You did just the right thing. Does she still visit?

You are awsome. Reminds me of that Bruno Mars song. Just follow your heart, can’t go wrong. 🌈💥🌹

I took another big fall last Saturday and had surgery for a broken left tibia, and hardware changes for my poorly healed left femur fracture from ‘16. So “I iz borked” again.
    Things are a lot better. Much less pain, much improved movement. Thank you for remembering me!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

So glad things have improved quite a bit more, Elyse. We're sending continuing good wishes and healing energies!

Death thought about it.

14. Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post

Shes passed away quite sometime ago but her visits continued well into her grey old age though

My friend’s second surgery went very smoothly and she’s home.

Thats awesome news about your friend!

sorry to hear about your borkingness happening again. sending healing/speedy recovery thoughts to both you an your friend

may i ask how it is that you fell?

i tend to keep twisting my left ankle an splatting to the ground. usually face planting cuz i cant get my hands down in time enough to brace my fall anymore an no matter how careful i am i still tend to do it at least once a year

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Shes passed away quite sometime ago but her visits continued well into her grey old age though

Thats awesome news about your friend!

sorry to hear about your borkingness happening again. sending healing/speedy recovery thoughts to both you an your friend

may i ask how it is that you fell?

i tend to keep twisting my left ankle an splatting to the ground. usually face planting cuz i cant get my hands down in time enough to brace my fall anymore an no matter how careful i am i still tend to do it at least once a year

I was walking from my car to the entrance to my building (I live in a condominium building). I had my cane in my right hand as usual. I think one of two things happened - either I didn't put the cane solidly down, and it went out from under me; or the pavement was slippery and the cane just slid. Or both. The cane went out in front of me. I landed on my knees and then my hands.