Thread: Stunning Athena!

Stunning Athena!

Greetings, Athena! Congratulations on being crowned Pet of the Day, and what a perfect Halloween honoree you are, sweetheart!

Meeting you today has brought back so many happy memories. It's as if I know you!
    A dear friend of mine calls Ontario home, and like your human, she lives in Ontario, CA; is Mom to a vast assortment of reptiles: Geckos, snakes and Tarantulas; often frequents Reptile Expos and takes her "kids" to be photographed with Santa, come Christmastime! And just like your Mom, one Christmas season my friend was also interviewed by the local paper, a lovely Christmas piece being written to mark the occasion, a picture with Santa taken; her Tarantula made a star!

And you, Athena, sound to be as lucky as my friend's critters, being so very loved and cherished! And how lucky is your human, having a best friend as special as you, having been so serendipitously blessed with a birthday gift as special as 190 spiderlings; her dream gift come true! And yes, now the whole world can see just how beautiful you are, Athena!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, Athena! Meeting you has made my evening! I hope you enjoy a very special Pet of the Day celebration...being loved and pampered to pieces by your devoted human! Lots of love to you, beautiful Athena, our very special and most deserving, Chilean Red Flame Tarantula, Halloween Pet of the Day, and EVERY day!

Gorgeous!!!

Me and Santa!!!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 10-31-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

190 babies!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Athena. I don't know much about tarantulas, but I was astounded at her age and also that she presented you with 190 spiderlings. I am so curious as to what became of them. And I have to laugh when I think of watching you count them! I hope Athena is with you for many more years and Christmas is coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Janeway View Post
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful Athena. I don't know much about tarantulas, but I was astounded at her age and also that she presented you with 190 spiderlings. I am so curious as to what became of them. And I have to laugh when I think of watching you count them! I hope Athena is with you for many more years and Christmas is coming up!
    From vetmed:

Prospective tarantula owners should be ready to make a long-term commitment to their pet. Males may live as long as 10 years, and females may live past 30! Owners also need to understand general spider husbandry to keep their arachnid family member happy and healthy.
    I've Been Frosted

Dearest Athena, you are stunning indeed! What an absolutely gorgeous Chilean Red Flame Tarantula you are. Thank you for sharing those great photos! All those red bristles on your legs are gorgeous, and you're so cute in Santa's hand, giving him your Christmas wishes! That's really something, that your dear person found you at the Reptile Expo, and then three months later you laid and then hatched an egg sac containing 190 spiderlings! (I'm curious about what happened to them afterwards.) And then soon afterwards you became a media star with a Christmas article about your visit with Santa. You and your person love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Athena, on being chosen Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear person and 190 spiderlings and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a beautiful Tarantuala you are, Athena.

I knew tarantula's had long life span but didn't realize they could have so many babies at one time.

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana