Thread: Awesome Ozzy!

Awesome Ozzy!

Dearest Ozzy, a.k.a. "Hobbit Kitty" and "Lord of the Rings Kitty," what a beautiful, sweet-looking guy you are! You are so handsome with that gorgeous grey-tabby-and-white fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with that cute brick-colored nose and those lovely big yellow eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us. There's a whole album-full of terrific shots there! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Port Orchard, WA to pet you, and pet your dear kitty housemate too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you both for me .

What a wonderful story you have to tell! In 2015 your dear Purrrsons adopted you and your kitty housemate from the Kitsap Humane Society. We thank your Purrrsons for choosing adoption, and we thank the fine folks of the Kitsap Humane Society for rescuing so many creatures and keeping you all well-cared-for and safe so you two could get together with your new Purrrsons.

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You got your nicknames not only because of your regal face but also because of your wanderlust and sense of adventure. Just like a Hobbit would, you love to sneak out early and explore the world. (Please be careful outside! There are many dangers for kitties out there.) Then you return home for a snooze on Step-Dad's computer chair or your Purrrents' bed. You're very sweet but also very shy, so your Purrrsons are careful not to make any sudden loud noises that'll startle you. You seek affection by way of scratches behind the ears and Temptations kitty treats, which your Purrrsons are glad to give you. You and your dear kitty pal and Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Ozzy, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your kitty pal and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I go along with your premise...

Ozzy is awesome.

Which makes Ozzy special.

Of course, every cat I have ever met has been awesome.

Which means to be an awesome cat is normal, not special.

And yet, every awesome cat I have ever met is special.

I haven't met Ozzie.

Yet I know Ozzie is special, too. Ozzie is awesome.

All this is normal for a cat.

But Ozzie is special for sure. And awesome!

Dear Ozzy, what a handsome boy you are. Your coat looks so plush and soft, and you have the most adorable face.
    Even though you are a shy kitty, you didn't mind having all those great pictures taken.
    You are still adventurous, spending your days outside, and then coming home for a nap. And when you ask for affection, you receive ear scratches and Temptation treats.
    Ozzy, you are a precious senior kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

One meow to rule them all

My dear Ozzy
    Congratulations on your latest appointment as the official COTD (cat of the day) poster child for 7th November 2019. On this most special of days I hope your human friends rub your belly, adorn you with catnip toys and feed you the finest fish, chicken and liver known to catkind. Do not worry about being shy. Agath Bassett, an old cat friend of mine who has long traversed the Rainbow Bridge was ever so shy with other people, however we would still have many an adventure making these moments even more precious.
    To celebrate your feline brilliance I have composed a small poem that one day I hope to sing to you whilst i tickle your furry chin.

O come hear the tales of Ozzy
    Feline wanderer and broker of peace
    For he travels the lands in the most diplomatic of ways
    Humble, inquisitive and for justice he prays
    As he explores the universe commanding an army of geese
    The evil and villainous run and retreat
    For they know that great Ozzy, most noblest of cats
    Will deliver street justice on all the filthy rats

Please be careful during firework season.

Kindest regards
    RavinDavin

Hello, Ozzy in Washington! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome gentleman you are! I like your grey and white fur, which look so soft- and your sweet face! I would be very happy to pet you - since I can't, though, I hope your person will give you loads of pets, hugs and snuggles for me!

You do a bit of exploring outdoors, and then come home for a nap! Your people are careful to avoid loud noises, so as not to startle you. You receive scritchies behind your ears, and yummy kitty treats! Best of all, you are a much-loved kitty! PURRRR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Ozzy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678