Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Today's Pet, Dog and Cat are up!

rain is thankfully falling down - we so need it!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog and Cat of the Day are up, Pet will be up later, sorry!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's fluffy Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up.
    I've Been Frosted

As is usual on Friday, chaotic day, now I have to get ready and head down to Farmers Market. All the baking is done, two other crisis dealt with.

Minutae the chicken is loose in the house, she has chicks and has adopted some she didn't hatch, so I cannot complain too much! She is the surviving daughter of Madeline, the Sizzle (Half Silkie, half Frizzle) chicken we lost to predators.

Sadly, Mr. Bean the goat is missing for over a day now, may have been chased by the coywolves and not know his way home. He had been tethered to Kritter the Wazilla, and Kermit found Kritter in the woods, but bean broke the tether. Kritter is home safe, thankfully.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes, Teddy is a rescue, originally he was somewhere far upstate, and his companion alpaca passed away - he's an older boy but we do not know how old. He was pining away from loneliness. He was *theoretically" going to belong to our friend Andy, who is a spinner, but Andy's partner was not consulted, and at one point she said "it's him, or you" so Teddy - who cam to our farm in transition, returned to us, where he has not only a fellow camelid (Critter is a wazilla - half alpaca, half llama), but donkeys, dogs, and geese and other birds as companions.

I make and fire the ceramics at a partner farm, Meadows Bee farm, which has a ceramic open studio twice a week.
    Aww! Teddy is precious! So sorry to hear he lost his best friend. But between you and all of the other critter companions on the farm hopefully he's not too lonely! How neat that you have a neighbor nearby with a kiln that you can use. Hand molding is such fun!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Teddy is adorable! I'm glad he has all these new friends, after he'd lost his companion alpaca.

Minutae and the chicks sound like fun!

I hope Mr. Bean is safe and will be back home soon.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up!

Thanks everyone, and pat, we do not know if we will ever see Mr. Bean again, as he was not yet particularly bonded to anyone here, but do hope he is safe out there somewhere. Here in the mountains, there's lots of woods to travel and get lost in, and he was not yet wethered - in fact, that was scheduled for yesterday - so may be wandering in search of lady goats too.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Hand molding is such fun!

It is! I have not played with clay since I was a kid, so this is such a blessing. And Meadows Bee Farm is owned by friends of Kermit's and is very close by, which I did not know until after I made the decision on this place. He had not said anything about that, because he didn't want to sway my opinion for his sake.
    I've Been Frosted

I have been on the road all day, getting animal feed, etc., will not be able to update the pets until late. Sigh. Sorry, folks.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up!

Felt like fall this morning ...
    I've Been Frosted

I will make my traditional September 1 post, but decided to just carry over yesterday's honorees to today, and move forward getting them hop earlier in the day from this point forward,
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up!
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry, late in the day again. Today's Pet, Dog and Cat of the Day are up!
    I've Been Frosted

My usual busy Friday message - getting ready for Farmer's Market. Won;t be updating the pets today. Sigh.

But the kittens are so adorable! I just need to convince them I am not a tree to climb! Another couple weeks until they go to their new homes. We will miss them. Got a good picture I will post later, I promise!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up, and good news ...

Mr. Bean - our goat - is alive! He is not yet home, but is hanging out near the the local tallest waterfall, Hamilton Falls. Unfortunately, it is suddenly a tourist hot spot, but the Sheriff - there for crowd/COVID-19 control, saw him this morning - and got a great picture! It's in a state park, nearby, and there are lots of woods and goat browsing. So he's alive, not hungry, and probably having a grand time, still wearing his collar and trailing the lead rope he broke ... Kermit is going to go back in the wee hours of the morning and see if he has better luck finding him then.
    I've Been Frosted