Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts in the Dog House

The Cook County (Illinois) highway department came along and patched a relatively small section of the "main drag" in my small suburb. It took a year of work to get them out here. They only patched the part that was worst. There are other areas that they must have deemed not as bad. Would it have been that difficult to make the project longer and patch the entire stretch between the two traffic lights? Especially this summer, when traffic along that stretch is way down because of the pandemic.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That sounds like road repair projects around here.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am very thankful for Pet Talk and all my PT friends!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    We are thankful for you!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I am, too!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

The sky was hazy today in Chicago from the fires on the west coast. I can't imagine how bad the air is there. Sending caring thoughts to my PT friends.

So sad and scary for everyone out there. At least more people have masks on hand these days, a small blessing in a scary situation.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Smoke from the wildfires almost cleared up in Vancouver B.C. It was terrible for a week or more. Hurray 🙂

Good news that the smoke is clearing up there, mon! How are things now?

We're sending along loads of loving good wishes and prayers and energies that these fires will be out soon.

Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    Smokes all gone, thanks for asking. Wildfires are a sonovabeeeach for sure! My cuz is a retired fire chief from Richmond B.C. I'm pretty sure he has no clue how proud our whole family is of him. My Aunty died about a month ago, first time I cried was today. I guess it finally just sunk in. I'm not a huge fan of bawling and I can't seem to quit. That's probably why I should never start. Ouch!! The heart sure hurts, better get some fresh air. Bless all of ya, not my best day but I'm hoping you all are having a better one 🤜🏻🤛👍🏿😻

Hope all is well, any update?

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    No offence, D.T. is the laughing stock of the U.S.... has been forever it seems.
    I turned off Tuesday evening's debate after about 20 minutes. I couldn't follow it. So much talking. It reminded me of staff meetings I've been in where the agenda items are pretty broad and everyone has something to say. The discussion just keeps going in circles and nothing gets decided. So I turned it off. I do wonder who determines the topics and prepares the questions beforehand- is it the organization that's sponsoring the debates? Or the moderator? We'll see how the Vice-Presidential debate goes next week, I hope it will be more orderly than Tuesday night was. Yikes!

Blog Entries
    Hello! I was looking forward to the debate too but I, like you couldn't bear to watch it for very long. They both behaved like children and who needs that? You are right, it was a waste of time. I guess now that Trump has covid, there may not be a debate anytime soon? Guess time will tell. I don't like the man but I wouldn't wish that disease on him or his wife. Might have helped had he put on a mask. Doing good here, thanks for asking 💕❤️ Sadly I must have shoulder replacement surgery. My broken arm just didn't heal right after the first 2 surgeries. Found this out yesterday, get a CT scan next week, go from there. Was upset at first but hell, what's the point. Gotta do what ya gotta do and move on right. That should be a long recovery, jeeeepers ☹️🙄 Never mind, sending best wishes and lotsa sunshine to you all🌈🎃👍🏿💕❤️

mon, how is your shoulder? I'm thinking of you and wondering how you're doing. Hugs!

Blog Entries
    My shoulder is hooped . I am not very pleased. Beautiful of you to ask, not sure when the surgery will be. Just got the MRI, CT scan on thurs. hope you are fine. I feel like poop. It's just fine, so many peeps going through so much worse. I don't want this surgery but guess I need it! I just want everyone to be okay, life is a bit weird lately eh. ❤️👍🏿