Thread: Mom In Hospital

Mom In Hospital

Mom had to go the hospital last Saturday,she was having some pains,she was already up at 20 after 6 that morning.She had some tests done and they found a bowel obstruction.We had a conference call on Friday with me here at home Marlene with the Doctor in Mom's room as they only allow 1 family member right now.the Doctor explained everything,there were risks in doing it and not doing it.He finally asked she wanted to go through with it,she said yes.At 2:30 Friday she called and we talked,I got a little upset and scared,she is 90 years old and and is really thin.She went down at 20 after 3,Marlene called me at 6:30 to say it all went well,obstruction gone,no need for a bag,turns out it was caused by a hernia which was fixed as well.She sounds good,has been getting enough sleep,getting nutrients through an IV called TPN.Has gone to the bathroom on her own though nothing to with the obstruction.She is also eating ice chips,no real food yet.Not sure when she is coming home,probably not until she starts eating and has a bowel movement,she has a sore stomach from where they made then incision.Been quite a week,Heidi has slept with me in my bed,her eating has got out of whack,she eats a lot at night,not so much in the morning,take here out before she does have something.I am doing fine,relieved that it went well and she can have a speedy recovery.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

So glad that they were able to help your Mom and that she is doing well after surgery.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

3. Glad to hear it went well! my mom landed in the hospital with phenomena a couple of times an that was scary enough as it was so i can only imagine how scary it was for you.
    wishing her a speedy recovery!
    Last edited by Vette; 07-21-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sounds stressful to have Mum going through this at any time, let alone this weird time. Sounds like you were very brave and strong along with the rest of your family. You are doing great and we're all proud of ya. Prayers for all of you and continued healing and a great future for you all. 💕

That's very good news, Barry. I'm so glad things are going well for your Mom.

We're sending good wishes and warm healing energies to her for a speedy recovery. And all the best to you and Marlene, and Heidi too!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm glad every thing went well with your mom and hope she had a speedy recovery!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Oh Barry, how frightening, especially during these scary pandemic times! I'm so happy to hear your Mom did so well, Barry! Wishing her a full and speedy recovery, and sending you and your family, including Heidi, lots of love and hugs!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

more news

Something I forgot to mention,the doctor took out a piece of her bowel our,it had cancer in it,so she will have to undergo treatments in Oshawa next month so hope it goes well.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

I am just checking for an update and read your post. I am so sorry to learn this news. Will be praying everything goes well with the treatments.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so sorry to learn of your Mom's update. I hope and pray her treatments will go well.

It's so good that she has such a loving and devoted son by her side through everything. Bless you both!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

11. All fingers an paws crossed that it goes well!

Hopefully they got all the cancer and her treatment will go okay. Prayers on the way!
    I've Been Frosted