Thread: Sweet Angel Otto

Sweet Angel Otto

Dear Otto, what a handsome tabby man you are. Your coat is gorgeous, and your face is sweet and wise.
    I am sorry you had to cross the Rainbow Bridge before your time, but you lived life to the fullest.
    You had many people care about you and for you, and even though you never fully trusted humans, eventually you would allow some petting.
    It has been 8 years now that you have been romping and playing with all the kitty angels, and you are still remembered by many caring and kind souls.
    And it looks like your legacy is living on!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Otto, what a beautiful Angel you are! You are absolutely gorgeous with that grey-black tabby and white fur complete with white gloves and boots! And what a sweet nice round tabby face you have, with those long, LOOOOONG white whiskers and that brick-color nose and those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for sharing that great photo with us! I wish I could reach through the screen and ..all the way to the Rainbow Bridge! ..and pet you. I can't, of course, but I know the other Angels are all petting you for me .

You lived quite the adventurous life on earth, "a lovable cranky old feral curmudgeon who owned the entire neighborhood ..Cat Country." You first appeared in 2001, "a Mucho Macho Tomcat." You could have been adopted by anyone in the neighborhood, but you chose your independent, feral way of life. Everyone left food for you, and you made the rounds. Over time you mellowed out some, allowing a bit of stroking and petting.

Being a Tomcat, you often visited the ladies. Then one day in May 2008, you decided you wanted to meet the girls across the busy highway. I'm so very sorry that you didn't make it, you were killed on the highway. Gone before your time, and my deepest sympathy to all your family and friends, of all species, who love you and miss you and grieve you so much, all these years.

Now you are a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, watching over all your human and feline friends on earth and sending down love. Please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to reassure them that you are with them always and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

And what a surprise you had in store for your dear friends! Eight months later an adolescent tomcat appeared and proceeded to inspect the premises. He turned out to be a carbon copy of you! Thank you for the lovely photo of him you've shared with us. There is no doubt that you are his ancestor. Now he makes the rounds, getting fed and making friends. What a wonderful legacy you've left!

Congratulations, darling Otto Angel, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope your dear young man and all your friends, human and feline, in Cat Country and all around are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and precious memories and all your favorite Angelic games and treats. We know the other Angels are all rejoicing with you!

Last edited by phesina; 10-14-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Otto

Dearest Otto,

Reading your story made me happy and sad at the same time. For a while you seemed to be a tough guy who only wanted to be left alone. But as people grew to know you, it was discovered hat you had a sweet side, and would let people love on you. You just needed some time to warm up, and that’s totally understandable!

You knew what you wanted and built a life for yourself where you could be happy
    You were the neighborhood cat who everyone knew and fed, but you were content living on your own, independently, only stopping by to grab the food that people left out for you.

But eventually, you grew fond of the humans, and trusted them enough to let them cuddle you a bit, but on your own terms, of course.

You sound like a such a great kitty, Otto, and I wish I had known you. But it makes me happy to hear that you were loved by so many of the residents that lived in your small town. And I know you will always be remembered by them.

It made me sad to read that you left at the young at of 8, but I know that you had a good life and you had lots of people who cared for you, and that’s what counts. Plus, you aren’t really gone, you are in a better place watching over your kingdom from up above.

You had a strong purrsonality that will definitely not be forgotten ❤️

It seems that you passed down your role as the dominant tomcat to another cat, and now your spirit lives on in him. So don’t worry, your kingdom is in good hands 😸

Best wishes to you and all who had the pleasure of knowing you, Otto. I know that you are living the best life possible up there in the rainbow bridge 🌈

I am so sorry you left us so early, Angel Otto.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana