Thread: PURRRfect Puddin!

PURRRfect Puddin!

Dearest Puddin, what a beautiful lady you are! Your long, fluffy Tabby-patterned fur is so pretty and looks so soft. You have the sweetest face with those perky ears and I'm sure lovely big eyes, which are closed here so I can't see the color. Thank you for sharing that great photo with us. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Independence, MO right now and pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a story you have to tell! I'm so sorry you have been having such a hard time. You're a rescue, so that is good. You were living among a herd of ferals, and then your dear Purrrson-to-be saw you and was reminded of her/his beloved Angel kitty Lark. It turned out that he/she could pick you up. One day she/he got you into a carrier and took you to the vet. Here it was discovered that you had no diseases and were spayed and chipped. It so happened that your former Purrrson had passed away a year and a half earlier, and you had been just cruelly tossed out onto the street. (I get so angry to hear of alleged-humans who would do something like that.) I'm so very glad and grateful that you survived all that time and then were rescued by your dear new Purrrson, who brought you Home to become part of the family. You were very scrawny and had a matted coat. With good food and intense grooming, you have filled out and are now a bit chubby!

I'm so sorry that the situation with the other family pets is so painful. You hate the other two cats and the dogs and get into scraps with them. Your dear Purrrson would like to find you a new home in a one-pet family, but all the pet-lovers she/he knows already have multiple pets. I hope and pray so much that the Purrrfect home and Purrrson(s) will turn up before long! Meanwhile, is your current home big enough that perhaps one room could be yours, where you would live and the other pets wouldn't be let in? Would your vet have any suggestions of things to do or perhaps medications that might make the situation less stressful for you? You and your dear Purrrson do love each other very much, don't you. I'm so glad and grateful that you have a safe home to be in now, and I hope the situation can be worked out soon for you to have the most peaceful and comfortable home and life you deserve! My kitty Sparkler and I are sending you loads of love and good wishes and warm energies.

Congratulations, darling Puddin, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson (and the other animals, maybe in a separate part of the house) are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know that Lark Angel is rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Purrfect Puddin!

Good morning, Puddin! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a brave and beautiful girl you are, Puddin; beautiful inside and out; a fighter and survivor! Your Mom may have included but 1 photo along with her heartwarming tribute, but we need but one to see just how gorgeous a girl you are!

And what an amazing backstory is yours, Puddin! To think you were once someone's beloved family member, only to have your human die, with you cruelly left to eke out a life on the mean streets by some cruel and heartless person is beyond heartbreaking!!! Blessedly you were found, rescued in time! And thanks to your microchip your history was revealed: not a feral at all but a once much loved and well cared for furkid!

Your Mom describes you as the unhappiest cat ever; not sure about that! For while you may not appreciate the company of other critters, your sibling dogs and kitties, I have no doubt you love your Mom in your own special way. We can't thank her enough for sticking with you despite you perhaps needing to be an only pet, loving you unconditionally! And who knows, maybe one day you will find that special one-pet only home. But for now we're so comforted knowing one beautiful senior is safe and loved! You truly are one extra special girl, Puddin, and oh yes, so VERY worthy of being honored here today!

Thanks to your human for sharing your touching backstory with us. Meeting you today, having the chance to honor you here has been a joy. I hope you enjoy a very special day of celebration, sweetheart, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love to you, brave, beautiful Puddin, our VERY special and MOST deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to your doggie and kitty siblings, and Cat of the Day alum, now fur angel Lark, too!

Beautiful Puddin!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a beautiful Tabby you are, Puddin. Your fur looks so soft and pretty.
    You were someone's beloved pet. When she died you were tossed out on the streets.
    Your New Person has rescued you, taken you to the vet and wants to find you a new home.
    Congratulations on being Cat of the Day PuRRRfect Puddin!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Beautiful, sweet Puddin

Puddin is such a sweet, beautiful girl! She has been through enough. Please keep her and love her. It will take time and a lot of love and patience. Don't try to force her on the other cats or the other cats
    on her. Just spend a lot of time loving on her, talking to her, giving her her favorite treats. I have had two kitties in the distant past that were difficult. One was a male, Spencer, who, at 1 year old when he came around my house, was the wildest kitty I have ever known in my entire life. And he was a very smart kitty. I could not even get him to go into a live trap. The only reason I was ever able to catch him, by hand, was that he had been in a fight and had an injured leg. When I grabbed him, he did not bite or scratch me. Very long story, short, I got him treated, and he spent the next 12 or 13 years with me
    as the biggest lap cat in the world. He was so gentle and loving. It broke my heart when he passed away in my arms at the age of 13 from lymphoma in 2011. It took a long time for him to tame down and
    trust me. But I was never going to give up on him. It turned out so well for so many years. Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot tame a feral cat. It will take a fair amount of time, but with lots of love, patience, treats, good food, and playing with the kitty, they will tame and be wonderful companions.
    The other kitty, Sasha, was a female calico. She always had a temper, and never really got along with any of our our kitties. But using the same techniques I mentioned above, she became very attached to
    me, and always behaved far better for me than she did for my wife or our other kitties. We brought her home from the family whose kitty gave birth to her and several other kittens, when she was 41 days
    old. She was, and still is, my best friend. She and Spencer are in kitty heaven. Sasha passed away in 2012 from a pulmonary embolism. I miss both of them so much............