Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up, as are blue skies again!
    I've Been Frosted

As has been the case lately I will have to head down to farmer's market, so won't be able to update the pets today - so sorry. Would you folks be interesting in pictures from the market, and what I do there?
    I've Been Frosted

I'd like to see some pictures from the market and what you do there, Karen!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    As hjas been the case lately I will have to head down to farmer's market, so won't be able rot update the pets today - so sorry. Would you folks be interesting in pictures from the market, and what I do there?
    Yes! Always wondered what you sold there...produce, baby chicks, homemade stuff? Also wonder why your farmer's market is held on Fridays, well into the afternoon. In NJ, Pa, MA and ME, places I've lived/visited they're all held on Saturday mornings, starting very early and over by noon!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Today's sites are up, and I will tell you guys about the Farmers' Market tonight!
    I've Been Frosted

The Farmers' Market is a project of the West River Community Project, and is held at the field behind the Post Office where I work. It was always Friday afternoon to evening - so people could stop by on their way home after work I guess.

This is my second summer having a table, and I sell Golden Cakes I invented, and bake - gluten free little yummy cakes made with chufa flour and brown rice flour, local honey, our own eggs, lemon, ginger, coriander and more. I sell tea cookies - little spiced shortbread cookies with patterned tops. I sell goose and duck eggs in season, so not now. But I also cell ceramic sculptures I make. Dragons, fairies, flowers, mermaids, elves ... all small.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClassicGoldenCakes.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	62809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarnelianCompoteGoldenCakes1s.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	62810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tea CookiesCovidSafe.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	62811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TwoDragons1600.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	62812  
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up! I will post more Market pictures later, too!

The kittens are mobile, and so cute!
    I've Been Frosted

The Farmers' Market is a project of the West River Community Project, and is held at the field behind the Post Office where I work. It was always Friday afternoon to evening - so people could stop by on their way home after work I guess.

This is my second summer having a table, and I sell Golden Cakes I invented, and bake - gluten free little yummy cakes made with chufa flour and brown rice flour, local honey, our own eggs, lemon, ginger, coriander and more. I sell tea cookies - little spiced shortbread cookies with patterned tops. I sell goose and duck eggs in season, so not now. But I also cell ceramic sculptures I make. Dragons, fairies, flowers, mermaids, elves ... all small.
    Wow!!! The cakes and tea cookies are lovely, and sound delicious! Bet they're big sellers! And how beautiful are your ceramics, Karen! I never knew you were a sculptor! And that's convenient, having the market held just behind your place of work and being held (in part) after working hours! Thanks for the great pics, Karen! Now off to Google chufa flour!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 08-24-2020 at 08:40 AM.

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Wow!!! The cakes and tea cookies are lovely, and sound delicious! Bet they're big sellers! And how beautiful are your ceramics, Karen! I never knew you were a sculptor! And that's convenient, having the market held just behind your place of work and being held (in part) after working hours! Thanks for the great pics, Karen! Now off to Google chufa flour!
    Thanks, Sandra! The tea cookies sell out some weeks, some weeks the Golden Cakes do - it just depends on the crowd. Chufa flour is also called Tiger Nut flour, but I dislike that name, because it is not a nut, and has nothing to do with tigers, either. It's a sedge that was a staple of ancient Egyptian culture. Densely nutritious, and yummy. The recipe is one I created when Kermit - who is Egyptian - described the tea cakes his grandmother used to make. They keep pretty well, and freeze well, too.

And yes, I love working with clay, used to when I was a kid, so getting back to it in Vermont has been wonderful.
    I've Been Frosted

Wow, Karen, that's wonderful! The Golden Cakes and Tea Cookies look and sound delicious, and those ceramic sculptures are adorable. If I ever have a chance to come to your market some day, I'll for sure buy at least one of each!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Love,love, love the photos! Those wee creatures are too cute!!

Thanks everyone!

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet(s) of the Day are up!

I should probably start an Etsy store for the sculptures, the dragon on the left sold this Friday, but there are others, and flower bowls, and little trays, and ....

And thanks for the compliments!
    I've Been Frosted

Here are a couple more pictures from Farmer's Market various weeks ....

And a bonus picture from earlier this summer with Teddy the Alpaca, and some of the geese - he loves his goose friends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarketTableLilacWeek800.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	486.5 KB 
ID:	62815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TableatMarket.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	62816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TeddyandGeese.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	62817  
    I've Been Frosted

Here are a couple more pictures from Farmer's Market various weeks ....

And a bonus picture from earlier this summer with Teddy the Alpaca, and some of the geese - he loves his goose friends.
    What a beautiful setting!!! And is that your Teddy??? Alpaca? SO precious! And thanks for the chufa flour info; interesting! Just wondering if you have a kiln? Where do your fire your ceramics? They are so sweet, and you should definitely go on Etsy; LOVE Etsy, the home to so many fun homemade/crafted, hard to find stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    What a beautiful setting!!! And is that your Teddy??? Alpaca? SO precious! And thanks for the chufa flour info; interesting! Just wondering if you have a kiln? Where do your fire your ceramics? They are so sweet, and you should definitely go on Etsy; LOVE Etsy, the home to so many fun homemade/crafted, hard to find stuff!
    Yes, Teddy is a rescue, originally he was somewhere far upstate, and his companion alpaca passed away - he's an older boy but we do not know how old. He was pining away from loneliness. He was *theoretically" going to belong to our friend Andy, who is a spinner, but Andy's partner was not consulted, and at one point she said "it's him, or you" so Teddy - who cam to our farm in transition, returned to us, where he has not only a fellow camelid (Critter is a wazilla - half alpaca, half llama), but donkeys, dogs, and geese and other birds as companions.

I make and fire the ceramics at a partner farm, Meadows Bee farm, which has a ceramic open studio twice a week.
    I've Been Frosted