Thread: Prayers please - kitty emergency

Prayers please - kitty emergency

I have not yet updated the sites today. This morning, due to complicated circumstances, I accidentally put dog anti-flea and tick meds on our two kittens. She is desperately ill and seizing and he is more vocal and active but also affected. I feel awful and have no idea how I will pay for this, but am at the emergency vet now.

Bless them they took her in immediately, and him shortly afterward, before I had even checked in. Please say a prayer for Marigold and Kathmandu.
    I've Been Frosted

The vet just came in, they will be okay, just need IV fluids and muscle relaxer meds
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no, Karen! I am so sorry. Please don't blame yourself, accidents happen.
    I'm sending all the love and healing thoughts to Marigold and Kathmandu, and to you as well!
    I just saw your second post. That's wonderful news. You must be so relieved.
    How old are those two babies?
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Oh no, Karen! I am so sorry. Please don't blame yourself, accidents happen.
    I'm sending all the love and healing thoughts to Marigold and Kathmandu, and to you as well!
    I just saw your second post. That's wonderful news. You must be so relieved.
    How old are those two babies?
    We think they are about 4-5 months old. And thank you, it was so so scary.

Now I am faced with a bill I have no way of paying, but I could not let them die.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We think they are about 4-5 months old. And thank you, it was so so scary!
    We've had kitties at the clinic who had either the wrong flea meds or too much of it applied. It's definitely a nerve wrecking sight.
    I am so, so glad that they will be ok!

Hope Marigold and Katmandu make a full recovery soon. Prayers on the way.

OMG!!! Thank goodness they're OK!!! What a scare for you, Karen, but please don't blame yourself. Important thing is they'll be fine! Love to dear little Marigold and Katmandu, and a big hug for you!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks everyone- so sorry I didn’t update the pages yet today, with all this happening. I will give them each some love from you. And when I am home, will post their pictures.
    I've Been Frosted

No worries. The kittens' wellbeing takes precedence. How long do they need to stay at the emergency clinic?

Prayers and healing energies and love are being sent from us for your dear little kittens Marigold and Kathmandu, and for you too, Karen. I'm so glad they are recovering!

Bless you, Karen, for taking them in to get treated right away, and bless the little kitties! Please don't blame yourself. Accidents happen, and the important thing is the babies will be okay. And no problem about not updating the pages. This emergency took precedence!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I got tp take them home tonight, and just need to keep doing them every 8 hours and watch them carefully for 24 hours. They are very happy to be home. The ride home (Over an hour's drive) was very noisy indeed. But all is quiet now. I think we are all just exhausted.
    I've Been Frosted

What a scare, but I'm glad they are OK now and back home. Flea meds should come in "bottles" that only release one drop at a time, it can be difficult to see how much you give. Try not to blame yourself.

Hugs to you and kisses to Marigold and Kathmandu.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Here is a first aid tip in case the wrong or too much topical flea prevention has been applied:
    As soon as possible, bathe the cat in Dawn dish liquid or a mild shampoo to remove as much as possible of the substance, before it can get into the cat's system.
    This is especially important if you can't get to the emergency vet right away. It will greatly improve the cat's chances of recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Here is a first aid tip in case the wrong or too much topical flea prevention has been applied:
    As soon as possible, bathe the cat in Dawn dish liquid or a mild shampoo to remove as much as possible of the substance, before it can get into the cat's system.
    This is especially important if you can't get to the emergency vet right away. It will greatly improve the cat's chances of recovery.
    Yes, Kermit immediately bathed them, but it was only after they started showing symptoms, sadly.
    I've Been Frosted

It still might have helped them!