Thread: Grandpa Mason has crossed Rainbow Bridge

Grandpa Mason has crossed Rainbow Bridge

I'm not sure whether this should be in cat memorial. I'll put it here for now and Mayor Karen, please move it as you see fit.

PTers may know the story of Mason. He was rescued as part of a feral cat colony from a property that was to be demolished. He was taken in by the TinyKittens TNR team of British Columbia, Canada. Mason was diagnosed with terminal kidney disease and it was decided that he would become an inside kitty. He adjusted to living in a home, although he never became friendly with people. However, Grandpa Mason loved kittens, and fostered countless litters, cuddling and grooming them and showing them how to be a cat. His initial life expectancy after being rescued was just a few months, but he lived with his kittens and caring people for about 3 years. (If you can find it, there is a very sweet video of Shelly from TinyKittens "trojan petting" Mason, gently petting him while he gets loved on by an adorable kitten.)

Dear sweet Grandpa Mason We will all be together, One Fine Day.

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Grandpa Mason, what a beautiful cat you are, and what a wonderful life you have lived! You were rescued as part of a feral cat colony, then diagnosed with terminal kidney disease. You became an inside kitty and adjusted to living in a home. You never became friendly with people, but you loved kittens, fostering many litters, cuddling and grooming them and showing them how to be a cat. Your initial life expectancy was just a few months, but you lived with your kittens and caring people for about three years.

Now you are a glorious Angel, dear sweet Grandpa Mason, healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge. You are watching over your dear people and all the kittens you've loved and those coming along, sending down love and reminding them and us that we will all be together, One Fine Day...

Last edited by phesina; 09-26-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Mason, you were an incredible kitty. True to your feral roots, you never became friendly with people, but you were the most amazing foster dad to countless kittens.
    Despite your failing kidneys, you lived three years and you were special in so many ways.
    The picture with your kittens brought tears to my eyes.
    Rest in peace, handsome Mason.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

So sad about Mason. He looked so much like my angel boy Don Juan.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado