Thread: Precious Elegant Emma!

Precious Elegant Emma!

Dearest Emma, a.k.a. Emma Pem, Emmaline, Emma Noodle, and Queen of the Noops, what a beautiful lady you are! You are absolutely gorgeous, with that pale silver tabby and white fur and the sweet face with those long, LOOOOONG white whiskers and that cute pink nose and those lovely big golden eyes. You look so proud and elegant in that great photo, a woman who knows her own mind. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to West Palm Beach, FL to pet you, and pet your kitty and doggie housemates, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you all for me .

You have the most delightful Purrrsonality, too! You are quite the world traveler, having lived with your dear Purrrson in many different states and even countries. With all that traveling, you've behaved like an angel. Everywhere you've gone, you've won friends and admirers with your sweet face and good behavior and charming personality.

Precious Emma, I'm heartbroken, so very sorry to learn of the difficulties you've had with your housing situation. You were the only cat for six years, living indoors. And then over time five more felines joined the family. They all live indoors permanently now, but you were so miserable with their presence that you've retreated to the yard.

I hope a way can soon be found so you will be able to come back indoors to live Purrrmanently! Perhaps a room in the house could become just YOUR room, and your Purrrson comes in to take care of food/water/litter/etc. and spend some time with you, but none of the other cats can ever go in there? Some families find Feliway Diffusers helpful for soothing anxious cats. Would your vet have any suggestions, such as kitty tranquilizers or a referral to a cat behaviorist?

Meanwhile, while you're living outside, I hope you've got some kind of shelter, perhaps a space in the garage or a modified doghouse or some such, to retreat to in case of bad weather. And I hope you will be brought back inside and kept in now that this year's hurricane season is starting up!

My hopes and prayers and very best wishes, precious Emma, that you and your family find just the right solution for this difficult situation.

Congratulations, darling Emma, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! I hope you and your dear Purrrson and your doggie and kitty housemates too and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats and your favorite flavors of Fancy Feast!

Last edited by phesina; 08-02-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful Emma!

Greetings, Emma, a.k.a Emma Pem, Emmaline, Emma Noodle, and Queen of the Noops..."Best Cat Ever!" A very happy Cat of the Day to you!!!

What a gorgeous girl you are Emma! Your plush, grey coat is so lovely, and how beautiful are those sparkling, yellow eyes! You're stunning!

How lucky your human was, having you as her one and only those wonderful 6 years, the two of you traveling world, moving from state to state, home to home, finally settling in FL! You truly are the best cat ever, being so tolerant of the moves, the flying, the change of locations! What a champ! And to hear you're in perfect health at 12, such wonderful news! After all, your mom is planning to have you around for many years to come!

But I too hope that one day your mom can find a way to bring you back indoors, or as has been said, perhaps providing you with some sort of outdoor structure in which you can be kept safe, cool and protected from those notoriously frequent FL downpours! For now, we are so happy knowing that you're being loved and pampered, treated to an endless supply of Fancy Feast, and most importantly, all the love your heart can hold! Your mom is so very blessed to have a furkid as special as you in her life, Emma! You're a treasure, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, sweetheart, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Emma, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to all of your furry siblings too!!!

Beautiful Emma!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Emma

Karen was kind enough to post this submission from over a dozen years ago... I had forgotten I had submitted it! Emma is long gone, but she’ll always be my number one cat of all times. I do feel terribly about upsetting her like that, and eventually she did move into her own room when she was having old age problems, but it was never the same. I chose to help the many over the one, and kept taking in ferals after Emma was gone, adopting out ones I could socialize or giving them to the no-kill shelter. In any case, seeing her beautiful photo makes me cry. She was a huge gem, a real treasure. Having had in and out of my house about 50 cats since then, I can truly say Emmas don’t come around often.

Dear gillcieri,

Bless you and thank you for taking such good care of Emma and loving her so much. She really touched my heart as I read about her. What a treasure, indeed!

And bless you and thank you for taking such good care of and loving so many other kitties, sheltering them and helping them find permanent homes.

Emma is a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge now, watching over you, sending down love, and reassuring you that all is well, she is with you always, and she will welcome you Home, One Fine Day...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery