Thread: White Boxers

White Boxers

Whats the difference between the standard boxer and the white boxer they look a lot different and of couse the coloring is different!

Misty loves you! Do you love misty?Awww, look at that cute face! Who can resist?

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    From what I understand White boxers tend to have a few more health problems...I'm not sure about any other differences though.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Also, White Boxers, tend to be deaf, and so do Dalmatians, Australian Shepherds, and other withish breeds.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

i had a white boxer that was deaf. he died about a year ago.

It is not encouraged to breed boxers to be white, as they usually come with so many health problems. As others have said, it's common for white dogs to be deaf.

I've seen pics, and I believe they look the same as a normal boxer other then the color obviously.

white boxers are prone to deafness, skin problems, diet problems, bloatedness, sunburn, and blindness has even been known. the reason that 65% of white boxers are deaf is due to a pigment difficiency and the subsequent loss of sensory hair cells in the inner ear. its similar with the dalmatian and some other breeds that can be white, like the catahoula leopard dog (only much worse with catahoulas, with studies that show that one with a white face and atleast one glass eye has an 80% chance of being deaf). luckily, white german shepherds have managed to steer clear of any deafness problems whatsoever beacuse of their longer fur and so much more individual hairs.
    Sorry, ive done lots of research in my own time lol. i love astounding my friends so i memorize all this stuf mwahaha this only proves i have no life :S lol
    I've been BOO'd!

i have a white boxer he is not deaf, blind, they are the same as a colour boxer but u can't show them, plus alot of boxers in the uk are not deaf, only a few percentage.
    jack the boxer and dougal the deerhoundx

ive only read about research done in north america, though, not the uk...i dont know how many boxers r deaf there, but here 65% of white ones r...
    I've been BOO'd!

u hardly get any white boxers that are deaf, do u still have the ears cropped cos i thinks that cruel.
    jack the boxer and dougal the deerhoundx

we have hundreds of boxers where i live, but to tell u the truth, i dont think i have ever seen one with its ears cropped (i have on tv and stuff of course haha). and i dont know the statistics on where u live, but like i said, the research i read about was one that took place in north america...but u probably have quite alot of white dogs there that are deaf too, and just dont know it....its not something u can help, it doesnt depend on how healthy the dog is, or how healthy the parents are, its just how lots of white dogs are...it depends on how much pigment the dog actually has, and the sensory hair cells in the inner ear...i have met lots of deaf white boxers, a deaf dalmatian/lab X, a couple deaf aussies, a deaf german shepherd, a border collie....and i think thats it...no, ive met a deaf shitzu too...(the shitzu and grman shepherd is a bit odd, i know, since those dogs arent the every day deaf dog)
    and about the cropping thing, it actually has more good affects than bad...pendulous ears have a waaay higher chance of getting infected than cropped ears....of course, i agree, theres always a risk, as there always is with anesthetic...but still....i think ppl should be able to that if they want to...i dont think its cruel...
    I've been BOO'd!