Thread: Animal Abuse in my home.

Animal Abuse in my home.

MY pets are a never ending source of embarrassment to me.

We adopted two dogs and they both seem to be pretty normal.....sometimes.

Bringing them home was an experience.

They picked up on the normal 'pet things'.

Like going potty outdoors, favorite toys, letting us know when they need to go out......

but they also have small idiosyncrasies that are kinda funny.

One of the dogs snores and follows me all around the house. NO MATTER WHAT. He also is stauchly anti-trick. I have tried to teach him how to shake hands and he just refuses!

The other dog is a more interesting study - My wife told me that it would be really hard to teach him anything -he is my wild child - but he knows some basic tricks, Sit, high five, up and back up.......

Not a real meNSA member, but he can be trained?

--------------

MY HUGEST BIGGEST peeve is his wanting to go outdoors.

He will do outdoors at a drop of a hat.

He flies out the door and makes a loop of the back yard - squirrels are his Achilles heel and love to be out in the rain (UGH)...For the first few months I had to literally stand at the backdoor - and in some instances walk out to try to coax him back in, otherwise?

----------

Both the dogs have nicknames, The Evil One/Terrorist and The Other One.

The E.O. is especially nutty.

The Other One will go out doors, "doo' his business, then immediately come to the back door and will bark to be let in.

The EVIL One needs a little more time to do his business - HE has perfected the art of running around and will only answer nature's call when i call him back in.

Otherwise, he stays out doors until the wants to come in.

This is where the problems start?

The Other One goes out, does his business and barks at the door to be let in.

The Evil One dawdles (love that word) and comes in at his own leisure....

But the Evil One has his own way to let me know that it's time?

------------------------------

The Evil One sits near the door and begins to cry.....Not a barking cry, it's a "HELP, MY foot is caught in a bear trap'" Kind of cry.

The first time I thought the dog was hurt or something (A squirrel maybe?) had attacked him!

Nope, got to the door and there he is, on the mat looking at me as if to say, "Why did you leave me out here?)

----------------

Yesterday, as I was leaving the house, I stopped to talk to my neighbor lady and her pups began to bark at me....

We began to talk and she commented on how cute the Other One was and I told her that the Evil One was the headache of the house.

Our conversation drifted to the barking and I told her to disregard the crying dog, he makes sounds like he is being beaten when he wants to come in.

I was hoping she would say that she DIDN'T hear the ruckus but she smiled and said, "Yes, I hear him when he does that....

I laughed and asked her to NOT call animal control on us!

She laughed and told me that it was OK, she understood.

----

Of course, I still RUN to the door when the dog start alerting the neighbors - in the most unflattering way - that his owners have left him outdoors to fend for himself....and I pray that no one hears this and actually believes the dogs are being abused.

I do admonish him and remind him when I open the door that he is loved and has a nice home to live in, but for some strange reason he has his own agenda.

Sometimes i get the feeling that I am the one being abused!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Ahh, we generally spell that Aboose!

So glad you have dogs to keep you amused and so glad you are back with us on Pet Talk. Where we have always been good at being social but distant!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Sounds like those two keep you on your toes! Quirky dogs, quirky manager maybe? I think the Evil One, being spoiled and enjoying instant gratification gets offended when the door is not opened instantly and yes.....maybe gets a bit of a bang out of making a scene 🤡👹 maerely a thought, tee-hee 🐶🐕🐾

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Ahh, we generally spell that Aboose!

So glad you have dogs to keep you amused and so glad you are back with us on Pet Talk. Where we have always been good at being social but distant!
    Um, I am the one being 'aboosed'.

-------------

I bought a wonderful thermal blanket for the bed this past winter.

I love it because it's nice, light and warm

The pups love it too!

Between the fleece blankie and that? The bed is my haven.

lately the dog have taken to bringing their hide chewy treats onto the bed.

They will settle in, chew and take the treat to another part of the house...or so I thought?!?!?!?

One of the things that amuses me to no end is the 'hide a treat' thing they do with their snouts.

Out in the front room I have a sheep skin that they laze on and hide their chews there, so I was kinda amused when the Other One took his chew and hid it at the foot of the bed.

A day later, I came in to sit for a minute and noticed the O.O. really into chewing the treat that he must have left before....

After a few minutes I noticed his head bobbing up and down in a way that i had never seen his do before?

-----------

After a few minutes my curiosity got the better of me and I walked over to notice that he had his treat in his mouth and a hole where he had hidden the treat, come back for it and wa unable to get it out from under the blanket, so in ususal dog fashion?

He chewed a hole right thru the blanket.

I cannot be mad at him, I should have made the bed earlier....

\
    One thing that I am thankful for is that my electric blanket was put away for the season

I would have been "shocked" had he gone and destroyed that......Qh, but it is all in the day of a dog owner.

RIght?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

They sound like loads of fun!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well Richard, it seems you have your hands full with those two.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

7. LOL i know that sound. one of my parents dogs had that yipe/screechy type bark too. the worst is hed let off those weird sounding bark things when giving him a bath an i am sure if someone was in earshot enough we would been reported many a time

he also did that type of bark with doorbell sounds until they were finally able to train him out of it. that was 'fun' for a while LOL