Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cassie is having a little trouble breathing

TC, the pink stuff is called amoxicillin. I keep a small bottle of it in my cat's medicinc box. There does seem to be some kind of cat eye infection and a mild URI going around, because 2 of my adoptees have it. Now, they are beginning to get over it. Chris cat's eyes were dripping with watery goo and I still have to wash them out with warm water in the mornings and then apply the ointment, also he gets a dose of amoxicillin. And now, Cookie has come down with the same ailment. I plan to go to the vets office today and purchase some more meds for my furkids. I lived in Tucson for nearly 22 years, and I know how dry it can get there, especially in May and June.

..........wayne

Originally posted by toughCookie
    I hope I don't always sound like such a complainer, I guess I do. but geeeeze I'm tired of all this. my mother asked if I wanted to go look at kittens at Petsmart. very funny
    We thought of you the other day, Mary. We were at Petsmart. I was in the cat dept looking at all the goodies they had - they must have recently expanded because the store really looked HUGE compared to last time I was there - and I turned around to show something to Terry only to find I was talking to myself because he had wandered off (worse than a little kid sometimes). So I go down every aisle looking for him and can't find him anywhere. Well, the very last aisle has the cat adoption area on the other side of it and golly gee, look who's in with the kitty cats - yup, Mr. No More Cats himself. He was oohing and aahing over them, and there were two little ones in a cage together. One of them was completely black and terrorizing the cage and everything that moved (or he thought moved). He was banging and clanging and just having a good ol' time tearing up his cage when I noticed there was a little gray girl in there with him that was helping in the terrorizing dept. They were sooooo cute. He all black and she all gray, 3 months old, and just going at it like there was no tomorrow. I almost started crying because the little boy reminded me of Tubby when I first got him - spikey little claws and all. Terry was mezmerized and I almost got him to consider bringing them home....but no such luck. Victor and Victoria were their names. Sooo cute.

But anyway, with the two of them together, at Petsmart, I couldn't help but think of you and all your recent trips where you did come home with some little packages.

Hope you and all your kitties are feeling better these days, and hope the move is mostly over and you're getting settled in now.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

well you know...it has been a couple months since I got Cassie and Callie, hmm... time to bring home 2 more , I will take the two you described, they sure sound cute! Of course I am kididng,
    no more cats..... no more cats....... no more cats......

well Cassie is still sick but is getting better, and now Charlie is sneezing, tho he is not, so far, doing the open mouth breathing.
    like kids, it will get to them all before it's over, and I have the scratches on me to show for my efforts at making them better I was suposed to keep Cassie separate but easier said than done, so...

I have a tiny fridge in the cats room where I keep their med bottles, and I feed them in there too, so no more following me in the kitchen every time I set foot in there!

I think I have this and the "moved in" threads kind of mixed up, oh well.
    yesterday I noticed something in Muffin eyes!
    I never thought Muffin would get it, but she seems to have a touch of the eye infection. (((big sigh)))

well her and Callie are loving this, not having the other cats here. I will bring Muffin home with me when the enclosure is done, with a kitty door for her to go thru so she has her own "space". it will be separated from the others "space".

Emma, Louise, Cassie, Patches and Charlie all love the new house and adjusted to it so much better than I thought they would. I thought Louise and Charlie would hide for 3 days, but , nope.
    Faith in God

on top of everything else, now Cassie has some sore under her chin. bringing her to the vet on Fri with Patches...maybe it is from some medicine(amoxicillian drops) that got there ??
    Faith in God

Originally posted by toughCookie
    on top of everything else, now Cassie has some sore under her chin. bringing her to the vet on Fri with Patches...maybe it is from some medicine(amoxicillian drops) that got there ??
    It could be feline acne. Sunny had this but he had the kind that looks like black specks. I sure hope it's nothing serious. All fingers and paws are crossed here.

Charlie, Cassie and Patches are doing better. Charlie only had a minor touch of the cold that Cassie has, but Cassie is breathing normal now, still on the amoxicillian for another week. Patches got a shot to stop his coughing/gagging. he sneezes sometimes but is back to his old self, playing again now. his white blood cells showed there might be an allergy, or possibly asthma...?
    the vet also did a test for valley fever, for Patches. should get the result next week. and the result of Cassie's culture to see if the sore under her chin is ringworm, but the vet thinks it's acne!

Faith in God

So glad things are improved for Cassie. As to the acne, I wouldn't worry too much about it...my Tex gets it. Make sure you are washing the bowls regularly, and no plastic! The benzoyl peroxide helped, too.